Since their synthesis over 30 years ago, QDs have featured in a range of optoelectronic devices, including TVs and displays, light-emitting devices (LEDs), solar cells, photodiodes, thermoelectrics, photoconductors and field-effect transistors, while QD solutions have been used in a number of in vivo and in vitro imaging, sensing and labelling techniques.
The quantum dot market continues to grow in 2019. The market is moving towards more advanced applications of quantum dots in TVs with major producers developing technologies beyond Quantum Dot Enhancement Film (QDEF) such as:
- QD Glass on LGP.
- Quantum dot colour filters (QDCF) for microLEDS and displays.
- Active Matrix Quantum-dot Light Emitting Diode (AMQLED).
- Perovskite QDs.
- Inkjet printed QDs.
Market segments such as micro and mini LEDs, sensors, lighting, solar windows, anti-counterfeiting and biosciences are growing. The Global Market for Quantum Dots analysis quantum dot suppliers, display manufacturers and OEMs. The global quantum dots (QD) based products market will be potentially valued at more than $35 billion by 2030. The optoelectronics market represents the vast majority of this figure, chiefly High Definition TVs-QLED-TVs.
TV displays still dominate the end user segment for QD-based products with a fast growing market for QD monitors. The use of QDs in solar conversion windows is also being heavily backed this year with a number of companies developing prototypes and funding multi-million dollar investments. The price of large QD-TVs is also falling.
This 245-page analysis report on the quantum dots market is now in its 14th edition (First edition 2009). Contents include:
- QD types, properties and production methods.
- Changing market dynamics in the quantum dots market.
- Analysis of QD market segments and the main players in each segment.
- Strategic partnerships in the display market
- Demand for quantum dots in displays, current and forecast.
- Production costs.
- Competitive landscape for QDs.
- Analysis of key players in the quantum dots market-target markets, partnerships and collaborations, production capacities, production technology, sales territory, clients.
- Applications analysis-applications by industry and product (used as a substitute for already used additive or as a new additive; most prospective QD-containing products/applications for next 1-5 years). Applications assessed for technology and market readiness, and potential market volume in terms of QD consumption by application.
- Readiness of QD-based solution for each segment. Contribution of ND to improved performance in each application.
- Market share of QD based display manufacturers.
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis.
- Quantum dots application roadmap.
- Regional analysis.
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value.
- Revenue estimates for quantum dots market to 2030.
- Recent industry trends and developments.
- Competitive landscape.
- Regulatory issues.
- Perovskite QDs producers and market.
- Strategies of key players and products offered.
- Market revenues forecasts to 2030 and historical figures from 2013.
- Markets covered: TV displays and smartphone displays, solar cells, security tags, security inks, sensors, quantum dot lasers, quantum dot transistors, photonic crystals, bio-imaging, quantum dot solar windows, biomarkers, solid-material-based memory, thermoelectric materials, quantum dot computers, artificial photosynthesis and light emitting diodes (LEDs).
- Market assessment in QLED TVs and displays, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in LED lighting, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in biotechnology and medicine, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in security and anti-counterfeiting, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- Market assessment in sensors, including market drivers, commercialization, market revenues to 2030, manufacturing and product development.
- 105 company profiles.
and many, many more...
Key Topics Covered
1 Research Scope & Methodology
1.1 Report scope
1.2 Market definition
1.3 Research methodology
1.4 Assumptions & limitations
1.5 Primary research
1.6 Secondary research
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Growth in high definition TV demand
2.2 Market growth since 2013
2.3 QD-TVs market
2.4 The Quantum Dot market in 2019
2.5 Cadmium vs. cadmium free
2.6 Quantum Dot Revenues 2015-2030
2.7 Market drivers & trends
2.8 Market challenges
3 Quantum Dots
3.4 Carbon quantum dots (CQDs)
3.5 Graphene quantum dots
3.6 Quantum rods
4 Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
5 Quantum Dots Industry Analysis
5.1 Key players
5.2 Licensing, collaborations & partnerships
5.3 Supply chain
6 Quantum Dots Regulations
6.2 United States
7 Markets for Quantum Dots
7.1 Revenues 2013-2030
7.2 Production & pricing
7.3 Target market for quantum dots producers
7.4 Market for quantum dots, by region
8 Quantum Dots in TVs/Displays
8.1 Market drivers & trends
8.1 Display performance progress
8.3 Synthesis & manufacturing
8.4 QD-LCD products
8.5 Industry & research developments 2013-2019
8.6 Quantum dot display partnerships & collaborations
8.7 Global market for quantum dots in TVs & displays
8.8 Quantum dot TV & display companies
9 Quantum Dots in Photovoltaics
9.1 Market drivers & trends
9.3 Market challenges
9.4 Industry & research developments 2013-2019
9.5 Global market for quantum dots in photovoltaics
9.6 Quantum dot photovoltaics companies
10 Quantum Dots in LED Lighting
10.1 Market drivers & trends
10.3 Market challenges
10.4 Industry & research developments 2013-2019
10.5 Global market for quantum dots in LED lighting
10.6 Quantum dot lighting companies
11 Quantum Dots in Biotechnology & Medicine
11.1 Market drivers & trends
11.3 Market challenges
11.4 Global market for quantum dots in biotechnology & medicine
11.5 Quantum dot biotechnology & medicine companies
12 Quantum Dots in Security & Anti-Counterfeiting
12.1 Market drivers & trends
12.3 Global market size for quantum dots in security & anti-counterfeiting
12.4 Quantum dot security & anti-counterfeiting companies
13 Quantum Dots in Sensors
13.1 Market drivers & trends
13.3 Global market size for quantum dots in sensors
13.4 Market challenges
13.5 Quantum dot sensor companies
14 Other Markets
14.3 QD Lasers
14.7 Hydrogen production
14.8 Autonomous vehicles
15 Quantum Dot Producer & Product Developer Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/70tj5h