BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) today announced the publication of its latest Sustainability Report, which details the Company’s sustainability progress and performance highlights during calendar year 2018. The report was developed in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative Standards: Core Option and serves as a Communication on Progress in support of Cabot’s commitment to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). Cabot became a signatory to the UNGC in 2015 and remains committed to continuously improving the integration of the UNGC principles into Cabot’s corporate strategy, culture and operations.
“As a leading performance materials and specialty chemicals company, we understand the role that we play in setting an example in our industry,” said Sean Keohane, Cabot president and chief executive officer. “Increasingly, our customers are turning to us to help them address sustainability challenges. We are proud of our ability to develop innovative technologies that provide solutions to these challenges, while at the same time, operating responsibly and conserving resources across our value chain.”
Cabot’s 2018 report showcases the Company’s ongoing commitment to sustainability, which is focused on three key pillars:
- Caring for our people and communities
- Acting responsibly for the planet
- Building a better future together
Accomplishments highlighted in the 2018 report include:
- Became the first chemical company in China to earn Responsible Care 14001® certification by an authorized registrar in China
- Achieved its goal to reduce NOX emissions on an intensity basis by 20% from a baseline of 2012 well ahead of the 2025 target
- Contributed $1.4 million in charitable donations to support our local communities
- Initiated a program to integrate sustainability criteria into our supplier auditing practices
- Launched a diversity and inclusion (D&I) Council and hired its first director of D&I
“Our colleagues around the world have adopted a spirit of continuous improvement when it comes to sustainability,” said Martin O’Neill, senior vice president, Safety, Health and Environment. “This report showcases our collective efforts to work safely and responsibly each day, while having a positive and lasting impact on our local communities and our world.”
For more information about sustainability at Cabot, view the full 2018 Sustainability Report at cabotcorp.com/sustainability.
About Cabot Corporation
Cabot Corporation (NYSE: CBT) is a global specialty chemicals and performance materials company, headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. The company is a leading provider of rubber and specialty carbons, activated carbon, inkjet colorants, masterbatches and conductive compounds, fumed silica and aerogel. For more information on Cabot, please visit the company’s website at cabotcorp.com.