DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Forged And Stamped Goods Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report describes and evaluates the global forged and stamped goods market. It covers two five-year periods, 2014 to 2018, termed the historic period, and 2018 through 2022, the forecast period.
The global market for forged and stamped goods reached a value of nearly $255.4 billion in 2018, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% since 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% to nearly $371.3 billion by 2022.
Growth in the historic period resulted from high demand from the automobile manufacturing industries and economic growth in emerging economies. Factors that negatively affected growth in the historic period were volatile metal prices and unsteady demand from the machinery manufacturing industries.
Going forward, government initiatives and growing demand from the aerospace and defence industries will drive growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of this market in the future include an expected rise in interest rates, reductions in free trade and the increasing availability of alternative products.
The forged and stamped goods market is segmented by product type into a metal crown, closure, and other metal stampings, powder metallurgy part manufacturing, custom roll forming, iron and steel forging, and nonferrous forging. Metal crown, closure, and other metal stamping was the largest segment of the forged and stamped goods market in 2018 at 28.9%. The nonferrous forging market is expected to be the fastest-growing segment going forward at a CAGR of 11.5%.
The forged and stamped goods market is segmented by end use industry into automotive, construction, food and beverage packaging, machinery, metal products and others. The automotive industry was the largest end-use industry for the forged and stamped goods market in 2018 at 35.6%. The machinery market is expected to be the fastest-growing segment by end use industry at a CAGR of 18.5%.
Asia-Pacific was the largest market for forged and stamped goods, accounting for 42.9% of the global market. It was followed by Western Europe, North America and then the other regions. Going forward, Africa and the Middle East will be the fastest growing regions in the forged and stamped goods market, where growth will be at CAGRs of 20.4% and 13.9% respectively. These will be followed by Eastern Europe and Western Europe where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 14.8% and 11% respectively.
The market for forged and stamped goods is related fragmented with small numbers of large entities which command significant market share and a large number of small entities. Players in the market include ThyssenKrupp AG, Arcelor Mittal, American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) and Precision Castparts.
The global metal products market, of which the forged and stamped goods market is a segment, reached a value of nearly $2,688.6 billion in 2018, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% since 2014. It will grow at a CAGR of 10.8% to nearly $4,053.8 billion by 2022. The architectural and structural metals manufacturing market was the largest segment of the metal products market, which was worth $555.1 billion globally in 2018 and has grown at a CAGR of 7.5% during the historic period (2014-2018).
It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.1% during the forecast period (2018-2022). The forged and stamped goods market was the fifth largest segment of the metal products market, accounting for 9.5% of the total in 2018.
The top opportunities in the global forged and stamped goods market will arise in the powder metallurgy and part manufacturing segment which will gain $29.9 billion of global annual sales by 2022. Also, the top opportunities in this market will arise in the automotive end use industry which will gain $42.3 billion of global annual sales by 2022.
The forged and stamped goods market size will gain the most in China at $41.1 billion. Market-trend-based strategies for the forged and stamped goods market include implementation of technologies in the manufacturing processes, integration of 3D technology to enhance products, and adoption of automation to improve the manufacturing process and save time and costs for the forged and stamped goods manufacturers. Player-adopted strategies in the forged and stamped goods industry include expanding into newer geographies, focusing on expanding product portfolios through acquisitions and mergers, improving the products offered with the focus on product development, and expanding the manufacturing facilities to cater to the increasing demand.
To take advantage of these opportunities, the author recommends the forged and stamped goods companies to collaborate across verticals and industries to manufacture better products, adopt 3D printing and automation technologies to improve production, expand in emerging markets, and promote the products through social media, among other strategies.
The report covers the following chapters:
- Executive Summary - The executive summary section of the report gives a brief overview and summary of the report
- Report Structure - This section gives the structure of the report and the information covered in the various sections.
- Market Characteristics - The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the forged and stamped goods market. This chapter includes different goods and services covered in the report and basic definitions.
- Production Analysis - The product analysis section of the report describes the leading products along with key features and differentiators for those products.
- Supply Chain - The supply chain section of the report defines and explains the key players in the forged and stamped goods industry supply chain.
- Customer Information - This chapter covers recent customer and service providers' trends/preferences in the global forged and stamped goods market. This section also includes end-user industries' information.
- Trends & Strategies - This chapter describes the major trends shaping the global forged and stamped goods market. This section highlights likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit these opportunities.
- Global Market Size And Growth - This section contains the global historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market values, and drivers and restraints that support and control the growth of the market in the historic and forecast period.
- Regional Analysis - This section contains the historic (2014-2018), forecast (2018-2022) market value and growth and market share comparison by region.
- Segmentation - This section contains the market values (2014-2022) and analysis for different segments.
- Global Macro Comparison - The global forged and stamped goods market comparison with macro-economic factors gives the forged and stamped goods market size, percentage of GDP, and average forged and stamped goods market expenditure.
- Regional Market Size and Growth - This section contains the region's market size (2018), historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market values, and growth and market share comparison of major countries within the region. This section also gives information on industry metrics which affect or influence the forged and stamped goods market. Industry metrics covered in this section include employees and enterprises. This report includes information on all the regions (Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa) and major countries within each region.
- Competitive Landscape - This section covers details on the competitive landscape of the global forged and stamped goods market, estimated market shares and company profiles for the leading players.
- Key Mergers & Acquisitions - This chapter gives the information on recent mergers and acquisitions in the market covered in the report. This section gives key financial details of mergers and acquisitions which have shaped the market in recent years.
- Market Background - This section describes the metal products market of which the forged and stamped goods market is a segment. This chapter includes the global metal products market 2014-18 and 2018-22 values, and regional and country analyses for the media market.
- Recommendations - This section includes conclusions and recommendations based on the findings of the research. This section also gives information on growth opportunities across countries, segments and strategies to be followed in those markets
- Appendix - This section includes details on the NAICS codes covered, abbreviations and currencies codes used in this report.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5q2wm3