DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Design Services Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2022" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report describes and evaluates the market for design services globally. It covers two five-year periods, 2014 to 2018, termed the historic period, and 2018 through 2022, the forecast period.
The global market for design services reached a value of nearly $153.2 billion in 2018, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.6% since 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13% to nearly $249.5 billion by 2022.
Growth in the historic period resulted from strong economic growth in emerging markets, rapid technological developments, demographic shifts, and growth in the remodeling industry. Factors that negatively affected growth in the historic period were skilled workers' shortages, and counterfeit designs. Going forward, economic growth and international collaborations will drive growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of this market in the future include access to free online tools and blogs.
The market is segmented by service type into industrial design services, graphic design services, interior design services, and fashion and other design services. The industrial design services market was the largest segment of the design services market in 2018 at 31.9%. The interior design services market is expected to be the fastest-growing segment going forward at a CAGR of 14.5%.
North America was the largest market for design services, accounting for 30.6% of the global market in 2018. It was followed by Asia-Pacific, Western Europe and then the other regions. Going forward, Africa and Eastern Europe will be the fastest growing regions in this market, where growth will be at CAGRs of 17.5% and 17.1% respectively. These will be followed by the Middle East and Asia-Pacific where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 17.1% and 16% respectively.
The global market for design services is highly fragmented. The top ten competitors in the global design services market made up 3.85% of the total market in 2018. Players in the market include John Wood Group PLC, Altran Technologies, SA, Gensler, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. and Arcadis NV.
The global design, research, promotional and consulting services market, of which the design services market is a segment, reached a value of nearly $4,150.7 billion in 2018, having grown at 7.6% since 2014. It will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.5% to nearly $5,960.8 billion by 2022. The design services market was the fifth largest segment in the global design, research, promotional and consulting services market in 2018, accounting for 3.7% of the total. The architectural, engineering consultants and related services market was the largest segment of the design, research, promotional and consulting services market, accounting for 34.7% of the total, worth $1,438.7 billion globally; this segment has grown at a CAGR of 7.12% during the historic period. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.92% during the forecast period.
The top opportunities in the global design services market will arise in the industrial design services segment which will gain $33.4 billion of global annual sales by 2022. The design services market size will gain the most in China at $17.4 billion. Market-trend-based strategies for the design services market include the adoption of VR and AR technologies, investments in big data analytics, and provision of online design services. Player-adopted strategies in the design services industry include reinforcing M&A strategies, and expanding services to industries such as health and wellness, sports and entertainment.
To take advantage of the opportunities, the author recommends the design services companies to consider focusing on offering sustainable design services to their clients, and expanding in emerging markets, among other strategies.
The report covers the following chapters:
- Executive Summary - The executive summary section of the report gives a brief overview and summary of the report.
- Report Structure - This section gives the structure of the report and the information covered in the various sections.
- Market Characteristics - The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the design services market. This chapter includes different products/services covered in the report and basic definitions.
- Supply Chain - The supply chain section of the report defines and explains the key players in the design services industry supply chain.
- Product Analysis - The product analysis section of the report describes the leading products/services along with key features and differentiators for those products/services.
- Customer Information - This chapters covers recent client and service providers' trends/preferences in the global design services market.
- Trends & Strategies - This chapter describes the major trends shaping the global design services market. This section highlights likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit these opportunities.
- PESTEL Analysis - This chapter describes the market opportunity assessment through PESTEL analysis.
- End Use Industries - This section describes the end-use industries of the design services market with examples.
- Copyright Infringement Cases Analysis - This chapter contains the analysis on the famous copyright infringement cases in the design services industry and their final results.
- Global Market Size And Growth - This section contains the global historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market value, and drivers and restraints that support and control the growth of the market in the historic and forecast period.
- Segmentation - This section contains the market values (2014-2022) and analysis for different segments in the market.
- Global Macro Comparison - The global design services market comparison with macro-economic factors gives the design services market size, percentage of GDP, and average design services market expenditure.
- Regional Analysis - This section contains the historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market value and growth, and market share comparison by region.
- Regional Market Size and Growth - This section contains the region's market size (2018), historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market value, and growth and market share comparison of major countries within the region. This report includes information on all the regions (Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa), and China and the USA.
- Competitive Landscape - This section covers details on the competitive landscape of the global design services market, estimated market shares and company profiles for the leading players.
- Key Mergers & Acquisitions - This chapter gives the information on recent mergers and acquisitions in the market covered in the report. This section gives key financial details of mergers and acquisitions which have shaped the market in recent years.
- Market Background - This section describes the design, research, promotional and consulting services market of which the design services market is a segment. This chapter includes the global design, research, promotional and consulting services market 2014-18 and 2018-22 values, and regional and country analyses for the design, research, promotional and consulting services market. It also includes key mergers and acquisitions in the design, research, promotional and consulting services market and latest trends and strategies.
- Recommendations - This section includes conclusions and recommendations based on findings of the research. This section also gives information on growth opportunities across countries, segments and strategies to be followed in those markets. It gives an understanding of where there is significant business to be gained by competitors in the next five years.
- Appendix - This section includes details on the NAICS codes covered, abbreviations and currencies codes used in this report.
- 360 Architecture
- Altran Technologies S.A.
- Arcadis N.V.
- DLR Group
- Edwards & Zuck
- Eppstein Uhen Architects
- Gianne Versace S.p.A.
- InterDesign Group, Inc.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- John Wood Group PLC
- K2M Design, Inc.
- Michael Kors
- Polich Tallix Fine Art Foundry
- RNL Facilities Corporation
- Urban Art Projects
- USKH Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yv9e0u