DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "United States Shrimp Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The U.S.(United States) shrimp market reached a volume of more than 747 Kilo Tons in 2018. The country represents the second largest consumer of shrimps after China.
In the US, shrimps also represent one of the most consumed seafood accounting for around 25%-30% of the entire seafood market in the country. The majority of the shrimp supply in the US is imported from South Asian and Latin American countries to meet its rapidly growing demand.
The consumption of shrimps in the US has been increasing in recent years driven by its numerous health benefits. Shrimps are rich in astaxanthin, a component of algae that helps in preventing various chronic health diseases. Astaxanthin is also good for brain and heart health. It prevents damage to brain cells and increases the levels of good HDL cholesterol.
Shrimps are also low in carbohydrates and calories, rich in protein and packed with nutrients which makes it perfect for health and diet conscious consumers. A particular trend in the US market is an increasing consumer demand for value added and convenient shrimp products, this includes lightly preserved products, products that require no or minimal cooking time such as ready-to eat, ready-to-cook or ready-to-serve shrimps, hygienically prepared and attractively packed products, etc.
Looking forward, the market volume is expected to reach 862 Kilo Tons by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.3% during 2019-2024.
- On the basis of shrimp source, the market has been segmented into farmed shrimp and wild shrimp. Farmed shrimps currently dominate the market.
- The US shrimp market is currently dependent upon imports.
- Based on the species, the market has been segmented as penaeus vannamei, penaeus monodon, macrobrachium rosenbergii and others. Penaeus vannamei currently accounts for the highest share.
- The market has also been segmented on the basis of category as peeled, shell-on, cooked, breaded and others.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market has been segmented as hypermarkets and supermarkets, convenience stores, hotels and restaurants, online stores and others.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States shrimp market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the United States shrimp market on the basis of shrimp source?
- What is the breakup of the United States shrimp market on the basis of domestic production and imports?
- What is the breakup of the United States shrimp market on the basis of various species?
- What is the breakup of the United States shrimp market on the basis of product categories?
- What is the breakup of the United States shrimp market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States shrimp market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States shrimp market?
- What is the structure of the United States shrimp market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States shrimp market?
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/x7r7kk