BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Taxes. No one likes paying them. But real estate taxes support necessary services in communities across the Commonwealth. Homeowners that have a mortgage, often have an escrow account where the lending institution ensures that taxes are paid on time.
The non-escrowed Massachusetts homeowners will have the option of making an electronic payment, paying by phone, or mailing a check next month to pay their tax bill. Invoice Cloud, provider of the leading electronic bill presentment and payment platform, serves approximately 40% of Massachusetts residents, including those in the municipalities of Boston, Cambridge, Lowell, New Bedford, Fall River, Somerville, Brookline, Lynn, Malden, Wellesley and Waltham, to name a few. Massachusetts taxpayers are embracing electronic payment technology, as evidenced by Invoice Cloud’s 39% electronic tax payment growth in Massachusetts from Q1 2018 to Q1 2019.
Bob Lapides, Invoice Cloud President, stated “Taxpayers prefer self-service and flexibility on when, where and how to make tax payments electronically, that includes online payments, pay by phone and mobile payments. Paper check usage has been steadily declining for the last 19 years, mostly due to the convenience of electronic payments. Some Invoice Cloud clients have surpassed fifty (50)% electronic payment adoption.”
Long-time client, Patricia O’Connell, Falmouth Town Collector, states “Each month, more of our taxpayers (real estate, personal property and motor vehicle) pay online for the first time which means our adoption rate keeps improving. We also see more customers using advanced features like Pay by Text, Paperless Billing and AutoPay. The user-friendly Invoice Cloud platform makes it easy for our customers to get the payment information they need and take action quickly.”
Taxpayers cite the following top reasons for paying bills electronically; convenience, receipt of payment and avoiding late payment fines. At Invoice Cloud, the following benefits are most popular with taxpayers:
- Also known as guest payments, One-time payments allow taxpayers to pay without creating an account. They are user friendly; you shouldn’t have to register just to see and pay your bill.
- Paperless billing - Over 1.6M customers have already gone Paperless with Invoice Cloud to eliminate clutter, reduce paper waste and help the environment.
- Things change, choosing the best way to pay requires Payment flexibility. Whether taxpayers pay online, at the counter, via mobile, through text, or by phone today, next time they’ll want to pay, schedule a payment or view their bill differently.
- Easy to use - finding, viewing invoices and payment history, and paying bills is straight forward and simple.
- To save time, registered taxpayers take advantage of OneClickPay (similar to Amazon 1-Click), to jump directly to the payment page, skipping the invoice selection and payment entry processes.
- For those that would rather not even think about paying their tax bill, AutoPay automatically deducts the tax payment on the due date using the customer’s default payment method. Over five hundred thousand customers take advantage of this convenient option each month with Invoice Cloud.
This year try paying online at your municipality’s web site. If your City or Town uses the Invoice Cloud platform, you have lots of payment options to choose from. A definite advantage in today’s payment landscape.
About Invoice Cloud
Invoice Cloud™ provides Trusted, Secure E-Payments and highest adopting Electronic Bill Presentment with Payment (EBPP) Solutions. Electronic Bill Presentment helps clients save money through paper suppression; Online Payment reduces labor and other costs, increases convenience to Customers and improves collections. Invoice Cloud’s Customer Communications engine shifts customer calls and visits to web based self-service.