DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Lubricants Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Industrial, Automotive, Marine, Aerospace), By Region, And Segment Forecast, 2019 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global lubricants market size is projected to reach USD 166 billion by 2025 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period.
Rapidly growing sales of automobiles, primarily in countries such as India, China, U.S., and Brazil is expected drive the growth.
Chemical, construction, textile, infrastructure, and energy sectors for engine oil, hydraulic oil, wire rope and bearings, are the key application areas where lubricants are utilized extensively. Constant research and development for biological counterparts of the product, to reduce the environmental effect is likely to boost the North America lubricants market. Extensive inland shipping network of Europe and further development of inland waterways and their growing importance for trade and passenger travel is expected to drive the demand for marine lubricants.
Manufacturers use crude oil, Coal Bed Methane (CBM), and other additives for the formulation of different types of lubricants. Prominent companies such as Shell, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Total, BP, and Sinopec have integrated business operations across the globe. Lubricant manufacturers are increasingly venturing into joint business operations with automotive manufacturers to keep steady profit margins for longer time period.
Variety of functions are performed by engine oil, one of which is to reduce friction. Efficiency increases significantly as lighter viscosity oils produce lesser frictions. A few major players such as British Petroleum, Shell, Ashland, Inc., and ConocoPhillips have established their own subsidiaries Castrol, Pennzoil, Valvoline, and Kendall with broader product portfolios. This allows these companies to mark their presence in the desired application markets.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Automotive lubricant accounted for the largest market share of nearly 57% in terms of volume in 2018. Growing sales of consumer automotive such as trucks, buses, and other forms of passenger transport is expected to drive the market over the forecast period
- Major players as well as new entrants are focusing on development of bio based lubricants. These bio derivatives have several limitations such as oxidative stability and temperature resistance hence companies are investing on R&D activities
- Rise in economic condition has led to better infrastructure and enhanced public transport system in regions such as Brazil, India, and China. Furthermore, investments in personal vehicles by regional consumers is on continuous rise, which is expected to boost growth
- The market has witnessed rapid rise in investments by various multinational companies over the past decade. Several initiatives such as expanding product portfolio and strengthening their supply chain efficiency have broadened their business presence globally, thereby catering to a broader market base
- Some of the key participants operating in the lubricants market are ExxonMobil, Royal Dutch Shell, Chevron Corporation, and Total among others
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Summary
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Segment Outlook
2.4 Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 Lubricants Industry Outlook
3.1.2 Outlook on End-Use Industries
3.2 Value Chain Analysis
3.2.1 Raw Material trends
3.2.2 Manufacturing trends
184.108.40.206 Filtering & solvent extraction
220.127.116.11 Additives, inspection & packaging
3.2.3 Sales channel analysis
3.2.4 vendor selection criteria
3.2.5 list of key end-users
3.2.6 Operational margin analysis
3.3 Technology Overview
3.3.1 Technology Adaptation by key industry participants
3.4 Regulatory & Policy Landscape
3.5 Market Dynamics
3.5.1 Market Drivers
18.104.22.168 Rapidly growing automotive sales
22.214.171.124 Rapid industrialization in brics nations
3.5.2 Market Restraint
126.96.36.199 rising popularity of hybrid-electric vehicles
3.5.3 Industry Challenges
3.6 Trade Analysis
3.6.1 Trade Balance
3.6.2 Import & Export Statistics, 2012 - 2017
188.8.131.52 Import Statistics
184.108.40.206 Export Statistics
3.7 Industry Analysis Tools
3.7.1 Porter's Analysis
3.7.2 Pestel analysis
3.8 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances
3.8.1 Joint ventures
3.8.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
3.8.3 Licensing Partnerships
3.8.4 Strategic divestments
Chapter 4 Lubricants Application Outlook
4.1 Application Market Introduction
4.2 Lubricants market estimates & forecast, by application
Chapter 5 Lubricants Regional Outlook
5.1 Regional Market Introduction
5.2 Lubricants market estimates & forecast, by region
Chapter 6 Competitive Analysis
6.1 Recent Developments by Key Market Participants
6.2 Competitive Dashboard
6.3 Company Market Categorization
6.4 Company Market Share Analysis
6.5 Price Trend Analysis, 2012 to 2017
6.6 Product Benchmarks, by Type
6.7 Production Landscape
6.7.1 Recent Developments (Expansions/Closure)
6.7.2 Production Capacities, by Key Manufacturers
6.8 List of Key Vendors
6.9 New Entrant Financial Outlook
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- ExxonMobil Corp.
- Royal Dutch Shell Co.
- British Petroleum
- Total S.A.
- Chevron Corporation
- Fuchs Group
- Amsoil Inc.
- Philips 66 Company
- Valvoline LLC
- Sinopec Corp
- Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation
- Petronas Lubricant International
- Quaker Chemical Corp
- PetroFer Chemie
- Zeller Gmelin GmbH & Co. KG
- Buhmwoo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Blaser Swisslube Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gnz4s2