DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Do you still care for your car like you once did? Do you make sure it is pristine before taking it on the road? These attitudes and others were probed in a poll commissioned by Supersonic Car Wash as it reflects on if and how modern life is changing our relationships with our cars on its 60th anniversary of being the state’s car wash leader.
The poll, conducted of car owners in the Salt Lake City Metro area, revealed that the majority of Utahns (65 percent) are still passionate about caring for their pride-filled possessions. In fact, a full half (50 percent) spend as much time caring for their vehicles as they used to 10 or even 15 years ago.
Some of the poll’s biggest surprises come in the areas of what Utahns love most about their cars and how they show their love for their cars.
- For two-thirds (64 percent) of car owners, safety and dependability are the number one reasons Utahns love their cars. Forty-nine percent seem to love the freedom their cars enable. They say “I love just being able to get in and go.”
- Nearly six in ten (56 percent) say they express “that loving feeling for their car” by never falling behind on routine maintenance, while another 3 in 10 show their love with regular car washes on a weekly basis and/or by going the extra mile to keep it clean in between washes. Just a third say they “don’t do any more than they have to, but my car knows I still love it.”
- Even though car owners regard regular maintenance as important, 6 out of 10 people said they are “more pressed for time, so I try to do my car maintenance as quickly and conveniently as I can.”
In other results, the survey shows that our cars do play an important role in revving our emotions!
- Virtually half (45 percent) of respondents admit that seeing someone behind the wheel of a good-looking vehicle makes them more attractive.
- Nearly three-quarters of respondents -- 74 percent -- say their emotions go soaring when their car gets scratched or dented and 53 percent are really bothered when their kids leave trash in their car.
- And what style car “makes their heart throb”? Just 6 percent want a fully outfitted truck, only 11 percent said a sports car, and 15 percent voted for an off-road vehicle. Their absolute dream vehicle? A luxury environmental car - such as a Tesla!
To mark its 60th anniversary, Supersonic Car Wash is encouraging Utahns to “renew their vows” with their cars, which means recommitting to good car care as part of maintaining their affections for their autos. From July 1-August 18, all customers visiting Supersonic’s 11 newly-refurbished Utah locations will be automatically enrolled in the company’s “Super-Size the Love” Sweepstakes.
About the Survey
The poll was conducted in June by Survey Monkey of car owners aged 30 years and older and living in the metro Salt Lake City area. They survey results are based on 226 replies, including 187 that were completed by Utah state residents who own a car and 39 customers of the company.
About Supersonic Car Wash
Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, Supersonic Car Wash is Utah’s oldest family of car washes, now celebrating its 60th anniversary in business. Always on the cutting-edge of technology, Supersonic introduced the conveyor express car wash concept to the state of Utah in 1959 and today offers the latest in paint and finish protection in the state. It operates 11 locations in the Salt Lake City region of Utah – all of which strive to provide customers quality wash and detail services that are second to none. Supersonic Car Wash is a premier member of the International Car Wash Group (ICWG), the world’s largest local car wash, cleaning 40 million cars a year. For more information on Supersonic Car Wash visit https://supersonic1.com.