CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to provide the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Monday, July 1, from 5-9 p.m. at the Whitley in Atlanta. The summit will be chaired by Suresh S. Ramalingam, MD, FASCO, deputy director, assistant dean for cancer research, director of the lung cancer program and, co-leader of the discovery and developmental therapeutics program at Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with NSCLC. Expert presenters will delve into informative topics facing lung cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as screening for NSCLC, stage 1c squamous and nonsquamous NSCLC, EGFR-positive NSCLC, ALK-positive and ROS1 NSCLC, and targetable biomarkers in NSCLC. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit include the following experts:
- Dr. Jennifer Carlisle, chief fellow, Emory University School of Medicine
- Dr. Badi El-Osta, assistant professor, department of hematology and medical oncology, and medical oncologist, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Dr. Drew Moghanaki, acting associate professor, department of radiation oncology, and radiation oncologist, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Dr. Taofeek Owonikoko, professor, department of hematology and medical oncology, and co-chair of the clinical and translational review committee, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Dr. Rathi Pillai, assistant professor, department of hematology and medical oncology, and medical oncologist, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Dr. Conor Steuer, assistant professor, department of hematology and medical oncology, and medical oncologist, Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.