Tecentriq (atezolizumab; Roche/Chugai) is a fully humanized monoclonal antibody that targets programmed death-ligand 1 (PD-L1).
PD-L1 is expressed on the surface of antigen-presenting cells and some tumor cells. PD-L1 binds to programmed death-1 (PD-1) co-inhibitory receptors which are expressed on the surface of T cells after T-cell activation. The receptor ligand interaction produces inhibitory signals which regulate T-cell activation and promote immune tolerance, which favors tumor progression.
By blocking the PD-L1/PD-1 interaction, Tecentriq enables T-cell activation and allows the immune system to mount a more effective anti-tumor response.
Key Topics Covered
- Drug Overview
- Product Profiles
- Tecentriq : Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Tecentriq : Melanoma
- Tecentriq : Prostate cancer
- Tecentriq : Colorectal cancer (CRC)
- Tecentriq : Ovarian cancer
- Tecentriq : Bladder cancer
- Tecentriq : Renal cell cancer (RCC)
- atezolizumab : Breast cancer: triple-negative
For more information about this drug pipelines report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/floh1e