SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zipwhip, the leading provider of texting for business, was named one of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in an annual ranking compiled by Seattle Business Magazine. The company placed sixth in the Large Company category, which includes organizations with 150+ employees.
Each year the award honors the top companies in Washington that set the standard for a number of workplace qualities; Zipwhip’s rankings include:
- Sixth in Overall Washington State Companies
- First in Benefits
- Second in Workplace Environment
- Second in Communication
- Third in Executive Leadership
- Fifth in Corporate Culture
The ranking is compiled from confidential surveys completed by employees on topics ranging from executive leadership, company culture, benefits and employee satisfaction. In 2017 Zipwhip placed fourth amongst Midsize Companies, which includes organizations 60 to 149 employees.
“Zipwhip’s rapid growth and success over the past few years would not have been possible without a world-class, innovative and determined team, and I’m proud to say that that’s exactly what we have,” said John Lauer, CEO and co-founder of Zipwhip. “Building a groundbreaking product like ours requires passion, diverse perspectives and an environment where anyone can thrive and create success for our customers and partners. Thank you to all of our Zipwhip employees for making this an amazing place, and for building the best culture possible from the ground up.”
Zipwhip pioneered the texting-for-business industry when it text-enabled the first landline phone number in 2014. Today, 35,000 business rely on Zipwhip’s technology to communicate with their customers. The company is made up of a community of more than 280 people who are encouraged to come to work every day to voice their opinions, take initiative and feel empowered to do their best work. Zipwhip is committed to the professional and personal growth of each employee with benefits such as comprehensive medical plans; stock options and a 401k match; paid maternity and paternity leave; generous vacation time and a flexible work-from-home policy; volunteer opportunities; complimentary gym memberships; free lunch, snacks and kombucha on tap; social events; and more.
From innovative product updates to rapid growth in its workforce, 2019 has already been a banner year for Zipwhip.
- January: Closed a $51.5 million Series D funding round led by Goldman Sachs
- February: Released the State of Texting report, the definitive resource on how businesses and consumers use texting today
- March: Comparably named Zipwhip one of the best places to work in the Seattle region
- April: Launched the 2.0 Browser Extension, offering users the essential features of the Zipwhip app without ever having to leave a webpage or customer relationship management system
- May: Partnered with The Riveter to provide women and men with the tools, mentorship and conversations they need to grow personally and professionally
- June: John Lauer, CEO of Zipwhip, named a finalist in EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year in the Pacific Northwest
Zipwhip empowers companies to communicate with their customers in the most effective and preferred way possible – text messaging. As the pioneer of texting for business, Zipwhip first enabled text messaging to and from existing landline, VoIP and toll-free phone numbers in 2014. Zipwhip’s direct network connectivity, intuitive cloud-based software and an enterprise-grade API mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time. Your customers are only a text away: https://www.zipwhip.com/.