SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--According to Coherent Market Insights, the global oral biologics market was valued at US$ 834.3 million in 2018, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 32.8% over the forecast period (2018–2026).
Key Trends and Analysis of the Global Oral Biologics Market:
Key players in the market are indulged in robust research and development activities for development of novel oral biologics products and have breakthrough oral biologics products in its pipeline. Launch of such novel oral biologics products in near future is expected to significantly drive the global oral biologics market growth.
Request Sample Copy of this Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/989
For instance, Biocon Limited is developing insulin tregopil, a first in class oral prandial insulin. Currently, insulin tregopil is in Phase II/III clinical study for Type 2 diabetes patient.
Furthermore, launch and approval of novel oral biologics in key regions is expected to support the global oral biologics market growth over the forecast period.
For instance, in August 2018, Astellas Pharma Inc. and Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received approval in Japan for the guanylate cyclase-C receptor agonist 'Linzess Tablets 0.25 mg (generic name linaclotide)' for the additional indication of chronic constipation.
In January 2019, Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. received marketing authorization from the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) for Linzess (linaclotide) in China for treatment of adult patients with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C). Linzess is a guanylate cyclase‐C (GC‐C) receptor agonist, and the approval offers an important treatment option for adult patients in China.
Moreover, key players in the market are involved in strategic partnership and collaborations for development of oral biologics. Such partnership and collaborations may lead to development and launch of novel oral biologics and support global oral biologics market.
For instance, in April 2018, Emisphere Technologies, Inc. amended its 2015, development and license agreement with Novo Nordisk A/S for development and commercialization of oral formulations of four classes of Novo Nordisk's investigational molecules targeting major metabolic disorders, including diabetes and obesity, using Emisphere's oral Eligen Technology.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Market Takeaways:
- The market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 32.8% during the forecast period (2018–2026). This growth is attributed to rising research and development activities by key players for development of novel oral biologics
- North America is expected to be the most lucrative market for oral biologics as it is the biggest pharmaceutical market with high presence of major players. Furthermore, high healthcare expenditure, healthcare awareness, and high adoption rate of novel drugs makes the U.S. most prominent market for oral biologics.
- Launch of novel orally administered Guanylate Cyclase-C Agonist has positively affected its segment growth. For instance, in January 2018, Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its TRULANCE (plecanatide) 3 mg tablet, an orally administered Guanylate cyclase-C agonists indicated for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C) in adults
- Key players in the market are involved in strategic merger and acquisition. For instance, in February 2018, Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. acquired exclusive Canadian rights to develop, market, distribute, and sell TRULANCE (plecanatide) from Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Some of the major players operating in the global oral biologics market include, Novo Nordisk A/S, Biocon Limited, Oramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Rani Therapeutics, Entera Bio Ltd., Allergan plc, Emisphere Technologies, Inc., Enteris BioPharma, Inc., Chiasma, Inc., and Allena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Buy this exclusive Business Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/buy-now/989
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.