BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--O’Reilly, the premier source for insight-driven learning on technology and business, today announced the lineup of speakers presenting at its upcoming Open Source Software Conference (OSCON), taking place July 15-18 in Portland, Oregon at the Oregon Convention Center.
The open source community has gathered at OSCON for more than 20 years to promote the benefits of open source. Open source is now pervasive, powering everything from blockchain to machine learning frameworks. As such, the 2019 program at OSCON will expand to explore the key ideas and technologies driving software development today. Those pillars include open source software, cloud native, AI and data. All sessions are designed to help attendees understand where software development is headed and will dive into the key technologies that are needed to build resilient, useful and innovative software, including:
- Open source. Innovative and emerging open source projects (everything from blockchain to machine learning frameworks) are at the heart of software development.
- Cloud native. Although they’re not completely open source, cloud native solutions allow open source to thrive. To work in software development, developers need a solid understanding of cloud native frameworks.
- Data-driven. Software developers today need to know how to deal with massive amounts of data and how to use techniques like streaming data and edge computing to create fast, reactive and resilient applications.
- AI enhanced. Machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing are making significant changes to how software is built today.
- Customer-centered. Product management and design are essential to ensuring that coding and development are used to their fullest potential.
Featured speakers include:
- Alison McCauley, Unblocked Future
- Adam Jacob, previously Chef
- Peter Skomoroch, Workday
- Holden Karau, Google
- Sam Charrington, This Week in Machine Learning & AI
- Angie Jones, Applitools
- Kay Williams, Microsoft
- Rupa Dachere, CodeChix
- Julien Simon, AWS
“OSCON has continued to be the catalyst for open source innovation for twenty years, providing organizations with the latest technological advances and guidance to successfully implement the technology in a way that makes sense for them,” said Rachel Roumeliotis, vice president of content strategy at O’Reilly and OSCON program chair. “To keep OSCON at the forefront of open source innovation for the next twenty years, we’ve shifted the program to focus more on software development with topics such as cloud-native technologies. While not all are open source, they allow software developers to thrive and stay ahead of these shifts.”
For almost 40 years, O’Reilly has provided technology and business training, knowledge, and insight to help companies succeed. Our unique network of experts and innovators share their knowledge and expertise at O’Reilly conferences and through the company’s SaaS-based training and learning platform, O’Reilly Online Learning. O’Reilly delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels. For more information, visit www.oreilly.com.