DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Market Spotlight: Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This Market Spotlight report covers the Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis market, comprising disease background, treatment overview, key pipeline drugs, recent events and analyst opinion, upcoming events, clinical trials, probability of success, and a 10-year global disease prevalence forecast.
- The author estimates that in 2016, there were 227,400 prevalent cases of primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) worldwide among adults aged 30 years and over, and forecasts that number to increase to 265,700 prevalent cases by 2025.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for PSC are in Phase II, with only one drug in Phase III. Therapies in the pipeline for PSC focus on a wide variety of targets. The majority of pipeline drugs in development are administered via the oral route, with a smaller number of drugs being tested in intravenous and subcutaneous formulations.
- High-impact upcoming events in the PSC space comprise topline Phase II trial results for BTT-1023, cenicriviroc, and DUR-928. The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I autoimmune/immunology-other asset is 20.2%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 69.4%. Drugs, on average, take 9.8 years from Phase I to approval, compared to 8.7 years in the overall autoimmune/immunology space.
- The clinical trials distribution across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for PSC have been in the mid-phase of development, with 77.8% of trials in Phase II, and only 11.1% of trials each in Phase I and Phase III.
- The US leads in terms of the number of PSC clinical trials globally, while the UK leads the major EU markets. Gilead Sciences is the only company with more than one clinical trial in the PSC space. The company has conducted two Phase II trials.
RECENT EVENTS AND ANALYST OPINION
GS-9674 for PSC (November 9, 2018)
NGM282 for PSC (February 5, 2018)
Ocaliva for PSC (July 31, 2017)
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
Trials by status
Trials by phase
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Trends in prevalent cases of PSC, 2017-26
Figure 2: Overview of pipeline drugs for PSC in the US
Figure 3: Pipeline drugs for PSC, by company
Figure 4: Pipeline drugs for PSC, by drug type
Figure 5: Pipeline drugs for PSC, by classification
Figure 6: GS-9674 for PSC (November 9, 2018): Phase II - Without Cirrhosis
Figure 7: NGM282 for PSC (February 5, 2018): Phase II - 15-0106
Figure 8: Ocaliva for PSC (July 31, 2017): Phase II - AESOP
Figure 9: Key upcoming events in PSC
Figure 10: Probability of success in the PSC pipeline
Figure 11: Clinical trials in PSC
Figure 12: Top 10 drugs for clinical trials in PSC
Figure 13: Top 10 companies for clinical trials in PSC
Figure 14: Trial locations in PSC
Figure 15: PSC trials status
Figure 16: PSC trials sponsors, by phase
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Prevalent cases of PSC, 2017-26
Table 2: Pipeline drugs for PSC in the US
Table 3: GS-9674 for PSC (November 9, 2018)
Table 4: NGM282 for PSC (February 5, 2018)
Table 5: Ocaliva for PSC (July 31, 2017)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/tq9gzr