BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP), a leading B2B integrated distribution company providing business services and supplies, products and technology solutions, today announced the release of its 2019 Corporate Sustainability Report, incorporating sustainability information for Office Depot, CompuCom and Grand & Toy. Additionally, the report contains the company’s public-facing sustainability goals around energy consumption, transportation emissions and local communities.
“We are committed to decreasing the company’s environmental impact through waste diversion programs, greener packaging, transportation innovations and product solutions that extend throughout the lifecycle,” said Gerry Smith, chief executive officer for Office Depot, Inc. “We look at sustainability as another challenge we can help our customers address. By supporting the social and environmental values of our customers, we are able to significantly scale our impact beyond our walls and into the workplace of every customer.”
Progress and accomplishments highlighted in the 2019 report include:
- 4.4 million pounds of technology and e-waste recycled
- 24,000 metric tons of waste diverted from landfills
- 8 percent reduction in GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions
- 11 percent reduction in energy consumption
- People: Associates volunteered 25,405 total hours to various community investment initiatives.
- Prosperity: By partnering with minority-, women-, veteran-, disabled- and LGBT-owned businesses through Office Depot’s supplier diversity program, diverse businesses reached $400+ million in sales.
Office Depot’s new sustainability goals include:
- Increasing Office Depot associate volunteers 216 percent in 2019 vs. 2018
- Increasing Office Depot associate hours of service 80 percent in 2019 vs. 2018
- Reducing energy consumption 10 percent by 2021
- Improving cube utilizations 10 percent by 2021
- Reducing miles per gallon consumption in the company’s private fleet 15 percent by 2021
For more information about sustainability at Office Depot, please view the full 2019 Corporate Sustainability Report.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. (NASDAQ:ODP) is a leading B2B integrated distribution company providing business services and supplies, products and technology solutions through its fully integrated omni-channel platform of approximately 1,350 stores, online presence, and dedicated sales professionals and technicians to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot®, OfficeMax®, CompuCom® and Grand&Toy®, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business. For more information, visit news.officedepot.com and follow @officedepot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Office Depot is a trademark of The Office Club, Inc. OfficeMax is a trademark of OMX, Inc. CompuCom is a trademark of CompuCom Systems, Inc. Grand&Toy is a trademark of Grand & Toy, LLC in Canada. ©2019 Office Depot, Inc. All rights reserved. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.