TORRANCE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new range of speakers is joining the Pioneer Professional Audio lineup. The new ceiling loudspeakers will provide high-quality sound to commercial environments, and debuts with the release of the CM-C54T and CM-C56T. Offering crystal-clear audio, a discreet embedded design, and a host of practical features, the CM-C54T and CM-C56T are ideal for installations at hotels, restaurants, commercial spaces, and other locations where superior sound and aesthetics are key.
The CM-C54T and CM-C56T draw on Pioneer Pro Audio’s heritage of making dynamic club speakers and enable the brand to provide turnkey sound systems that can save space, complement interior design, and deliver outstanding sound quality in any venue, no matter its layout.
The CM-C54T and CM-C56T ceiling loudspeakers will be available from August 2019.
Find out more about the speakers at the Pioneer Pro Audio website:
KEY FEATURES OF THE CM-C54T /CM-C56T
1. Clear, smooth sound and uniform spatial coverage
- The newly developed ¾-inch tweeter incorporates a magnetic fluid field design driver as well as a unique damper to reduce vibration and produce clear, smooth audio.
- The coaxial driver establishes a uniform sound field within the coverage area and prevents phase cancellation between the mid and high frequencies. An impedance of 16 ohms gives high and low impedance options. And, with a protective steel-back can, the compact ported enclosure on the CM-C54T and CM-C56T enhances low-end frequencies.
2. Safety features and easy installation
- To ensure safety, each speaker is equipped with a one-touch spring-loaded ceiling mounting tab, which also makes installation simple. The slide-lock mechanism on the grille includes a fall-prevention function as well as included C-rings and tile bridges.
These products are to be complied with UL2043 Fire Test for Heat &
Visible Smoke Release for Discrete Products and their Accessories
Installed in Air-Handling Spaces and they also comply with UL1480A
Speakers for Commercial and Professional Use*1.
*1 Scheduled to comply in Aug 2019; Not compatible with EN54-24.
3. Designed for flexibility
- The CM-C54T and CM-C56T can be used in a variety of applications. On their own, they’re ideal for delivering sound in commercial spaces, or they can be used to complete an installation of XY Series speakers by filling in areas where wall-mounted boxes are unsuitable, such as corridors and bathrooms.
- The Euroblock connector enables easy loop-through and the built-in transformer tap allows for multiple deployment configurations over a variety of distances.
4. Discreet speaker grilles to complement interior design
- With a slim, simple design that sits flush with the ceiling or wall, the CM-C54T and CM-C56T speakers can blend seamlessly into any surroundings.
- Two colors are available – black or white.
- With paintable grilles that feature a flush fit with the ceiling or wall, the new speakers are easy to incorporate into the design of any room.
CM-C54T /CM-C56T specifications
(- 10 dB, Typical)
|85 Hz ～ 20 kHz||82 Hz ～ 20 kHz|
|Sensitivity（1W / 1m）||86 dB||88 dB|
|Nominal impedance||16 Ω|
|Power handling||30 W / 60 W||60 W / 120 W|
|Transformer taps||70 V||30 W /15 W / 7.5 W / 3.7 W||60 W / 30 W /15 W / 7.5 W|
|100 V||30 W / 15 W / 7.5 W||60 W / 30 W / 15 W|
|LF||4-inch (102-mm) cone||6.5-inch (165-mm) cone|
|HF||3/4-inch (20-mm) dome tweeter||3/4-inch (20-mm) dome tweeter|
|Connector||Euroblock (4 pin) × 1 (input: +/-, loop-thru: +/-)|
|Dimensions (W x H)||
240 x 210 mm
(9.45 x 8.27 inches)
278 x 211 mm
(10.94 x 8.31 inches)
|Weight/piece||2.6 kg||3.5 kg|
|Accessories||C-ring, Tile bridge, 4-pin Euroblock connector, Template for cutting the ceiling hole|
|Packaging Type||2 pieces per package|
* Disclaimer: specifications and price are subject to change.
* The names of companies, product names, and technology names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
* Other stated company names, product names, technology names, etc. are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
About Pioneer DJ
Pioneer DJ Europe Ltd is the subsidiary of Pioneer DJ Corporation responsible for sales and marketing in EMEA. For more than 20 years, Pioneer DJ has been a market leader in the design and production of innovative DJ equipment and software. The company works closely with DJs and clubs to deliver next generation products that inspire and shape the global dance music community and has recently launched a new range of musical instruments for production and live performances. Its portfolio includes brands such as TORAIZ, Pioneer Professional Audio, and Pioneer DJ Radio as well as social platforms KUVO and DJsounds. Pioneer DJ Corporation is a privately held company headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is led by President and CEO Akio Moriwaki and Executive Vice President Yoshinori Kataoka.
Pioneer Pro Audio Social Media