BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AtScale, the data warehouse virtualization company, today announced a record-breaking 125 percent increase in new business during the first quarter of its fiscal year 2019 and the appointment of Momchil Michailov as Global Head of Engineering, Research and Development. Driven by the increasing demand for data warehouse virtualization, AtScale is quickly becoming the vendor of choice for organizations eager to modernize operational analytics, move to the cloud, and future-proof their analytics investments.
AtScale’s momentum is driven by unrivaled innovation enabling transparent migration to any cloud data platform without disrupting business intelligence, A.I. and machine learning applications. By virtualizing data warehouse infrastructure, AtScale creates a single, secure view of an enterprise’s analytical data with rich context and metadata for consumption by any business intelligence or machine learning tool of choice.
Additionally, AtScale continues to add successful, entrepreneurial leadership to its team with the appointment of Momchil Michailov as Global Head of Engineering, Research and Development. Momchil joins AtScale from Citrix (via the acquisition of Sanbolic, Inc.) where he served as Global Vice President of Storage Technologies. Momchil’s deep experience in building scalable, distributed cloud systems for Fortune 2000 enterprises will accelerate AtScale’s vision of enabling transparent enterprise cloud transformation. Michailov will play a pivotal role in helping build out Engineering, Research and Development teams globally as the company continues to invest in its platform’s capabilities both domestically and internationally.
“Every company in the world needs to maximize their use of data to gain competitive advantage and revenue expansion, no matter where or how it is stored,” said Chris Lynch, Executive Chairman and CEO, AtScale. “The growth we’ve seen this year is a testament to the entire team’s execution and the alignment of our product vision with the cloud data platform evolution; I’m excited to have Momchil on board to help accelerate our fiscal 2019 goals.”
In less than a year, AtScale has accomplished major milestones including:
- $50M Series D Investment Led by Morgan Stanley – AtScale secured an additional $50M in capital to bolster its already significant technology lead, expand product capabilities, deepen relationships within the analytics ecosystem and accelerate its investment in sales and marketing both domestically and internationally.
- Company Expansion – AtScale opened an East Coast headquarters “HQ2” to capitalize on Boston’s impressive tech scene, established sales and marketing offices in both APAC and EMEA and opened a development center in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Customer Growth – AtScale continues to increase customer adoption year-over-year, highlighted by several impressive customer expansions at firms including Wells Fargo and wins including retail leader Wayfair.
- Product Innovations – AtScale release 2019.1 introduces a new software development kit (SDK) for accelerated on-boarding of traditional enterprise data platforms, native multidimensional analytics support for Microsoft Power BI and full federated identity support via cloud-native SAML 2.0 standards.
- Expanded Leadership Team and Board – AtScale named serial entrepreneur Christopher Lynch Executive Chairman and CEO, added analytics industry luminary Jit Saxena and operational icons Bob Brennan and Tom Heiser to the Board of Directors, appointed Momchil Michailov as Global Head of Engineering, Research and Development and promoted AtScale Co-Founder Dave Mariani to Chief Strategy Officer.
To learn more about AtScale’s revolutionary approach to data warehouse virtualization, read our White Paper: “Cloud Transformation: The Next Virtualized Data Frontier for BI, ML, and AI” here.
The Global 2000 relies on AtScale, the data warehouse virtualization company, to provide unified, secured and governed access to data wherever it resides. The company’s Universal Semantic Layer™ virtualizes data across disparate systems bridging the gap for business intelligence and machine learning, enabling faster and more accurate business decisions at scale.
For additional information, visit www.atscale.com.