DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Diabetes Diagnostic & Monitoring Markets with Executive and Consultant Guides - Including Customized Forecasting and Analysis 2020 to 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Will diabetes management become a diabetes cure? Diabetes management is moving onto phones and laptops and integrated into physicians' databases. Well established players are jockeying for position in this emerging digital environment while the fundamentals suggest global growth that will continue well into the future. The results of these efforts will change what diabetes means to millions of people worldwide. The digital revolution is breathing new life into the commodity world of testing strips. Understand what is driving this huge global diagnostic market.
The report forecasts the market size out to 2024. Growth is coming from the fundamentals and the move to real time data management of blood parameters. When does effective management constitute a cure? New technologies are bringing an artificial pancreas into view. Learn about this market including the issues and outlooks. The two key trends of Point of Care Testing and Digital Diagnostics are merging with spectacular success.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introduction and Market Definition
1.1 An Overview of Diagnostics and Monitoring of Diabetes
1.2 Diabetes Prevalence - the Big Picture
1.2.1 Undiagnosed Diabetes - The Opportunity
1.2.2 Prevalence Increasing - the Drivers and the Implications
1.3 Market Definition
1.3.1 Market Size
1.3.4 Glucose Assay
1.3.5 HbA1c Assay
1.3.6 Continuous Glucose Monitoring
1.3.7 Laboratory Assay
1.3.8 Point of Care Hospital
1.3.9 Point of Care Consumer
1.5 U.S. Medical Market and laboratory Testing - Perspective
1.5.1 U.S. Medicare Expenditures for Laboratory Testing
2. Diabetes - Current Science
2.1 Type 1
2.2 Type 2
2.3 Diabetes Related Disease
2.3.4 Eye Damage/Vision Loss
2.3.5 Stroke and Dementia
2.3.6 Sexual dysfunction/pregnancy
2.3.7 Infection and Other
2.3.8 Diabetic Ketoacidosis
2.4 Pancreas and Autoimmunity
2.4.1 Role of Pancreas
3. Industry Overview
3.1 Players in a Dynamic Market
3.1.1 Academic Research Lab
3.1.2 Diagnostic Test Developer
3.1.3 Pharmaceutical/Reagent Supplier
3.1.4 Independent Testing Lab
3.1.6 Public National/regional lab
3.1.7 Hospital lab
3.1.8 Physician Lab
3.1.9 Audit Body
3.1.10 Certification Body
4. Market Trends
4.1 Factors Driving Growth
4.1.1 Increasing Prevalence
4.1.2 Obesity Epidemic
4.1.3 Rapid Low Cost Diagnostics
4.1.4 Wellness and Health Management
4.1.5 Move to Point of Care
4.1.6 Developing World Health Care Spending
4.2 Factors Limiting Growth
4.2.1 The Cost Curve Shrinks the Market
4.2.2 The Diagnostics Dilemma
4.2.3 Systemic Roadblocks
4.3 Diagnostic Technology Development
4.3.1 The Screening Opportunity
4.3.2 Shifting Role of Physicians in Diagnosis
4.3.3 Diagnostics Moves Out of the Lab
4.3.4 The Diabetes Management Apps
4.3.5 From Monitor to Pumps - Strategic Partnership Plays
4.3.6 The Next Five Years
5. Diabetes Diagnostics - Recent Developments
5.1 Recent Developments - Importance and How to Use This Section
5.1.1 Importance of These Developments
5.1.2 How to Use This Section
- Diabetes app Glucose Buddy supports Dexcom CGM devices
- Abbott's Freestyle Libre 2 Secures CE Mark
- Siemens Healthineers and Hill-Rom to Provide Comprehensive Diabetes Care
- Trividia Health, Inc. to acquire Freedom Meditech
- Medtronic to Acquire Nutrino Health
- Nova Biomedical Receives FDA Clearance for Capillary Testing with Critically Ill Patients
- ARKRAY announces new blood glucose monitoring systems
- Life365 Extends Connected Care Platform Partnership with OSANG Healthcare
- AgaMatrix Enters Strategic Partnership with Arcadia Group
- PTS Diagnostics Updated System, Lowers Average Cost Per Test
- ACON Laboratories Launches New System for the Veterinary Market
- Senseonics extends distribution agreement with Roche Diabetes Care
- Ascensia Diabetes Care Announces Global Partnership with Poctech
- New Release of OneTouch Reveal Mobile App
- J&J to sell Lifescan, dropping out of diabetes diagnostics
6. Profiles of Key Companies
- A.Menarini Diagnostics Ltd.
- Acon Laboratories, Inc.
- AgaMatrix, Inc.
- Agilent (Dako)
- Apex Biotechnology Corporation
- ARKRAY, Inc.
- Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Becton, Dickinson & Co
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- BIONIME Corporation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Danaher Corporation
- DexCom, Inc.
- Diazyme Laboratories Inc.
- EKF Diagnostics Holdings Plc
- HemoCue AB
- LifeScan, Inc.
- Medtronic PLC
- Nipro Europe
- Nova Biomedical Corporation
- OSANG Healthcare Co., Ltd.
- Pepex Biomedical
- PTS Diagnostics
- Roche Diabetes Care, Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Sanwa Kagaku Kenkyusho Co, Ltd.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sinocare, Inc.
- Trividia Health, Inc
- TaiDoc Technology Corporation
- Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc
- Terumo Corporation
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Tosoh Bioscience, Inc.
- Trinity Biotech plc
- Ypsomed AG
7. Diabetes Diagnostic Markets
7.1 Diabetes Diagnostics - Global Market Overview by Country
7.1.1 Table - Global Market by Country
7.1.2 Chart - Global Market by Country
8. Global Diabetes Diagnostics Markets - By Assay
8.1 Global Market by Assay - Overview
8.2 Diabetes Diagnostics Glucose Assay
8.3 Diabetes Diagnostics HbA1c Assay
I. United States Medicare System: 2018 Clinical Laboratory Fees Schedule - National Limit and Midpoint
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/pkdbq4