PAWTUCKET, R.I.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), a global play and entertainment company, announced today that it has joined CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™, a growing coalition of companies pledging to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. By signing on to this commitment, Hasbro is pledging to continue taking action to cultivate a workplace where diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected, and where employees feel encouraged to discuss diversity and inclusion.
“With this pledge, Hasbro is privileged to join together with other like-minded companies to play a significant role in driving societal change and advancing diversity and inclusion in the workplace,” said Brian Goldner, chairman and CEO, Hasbro. “At Hasbro, we believe that supporting all people and promoting inclusion across our business and society makes the world a better place for all. And we know that the more inclusive we are as a company, the stronger our business will be.”
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion is cultivating a new type of ecosystem centered around collaboration and sharing. The collective of more than 700 signatories have already shared more than 600 best known actions via the initiative’s unified hub, CEOAction.com.
Hasbro’s diversity and inclusion strategy is focused on three areas:
- Our Employees – Promoting a culture of inclusion in which our employees feel valued, respected and engaged and where their differences, skills and experiences are embraced.
- Our Supply Chain – Positively impacting the lives and well-being of workers in our supply chain, including women, who represent the vast majority of factory workers making our products.
- Our Brands and Storytelling – Building our brands globally through inclusive and expansive play and entertainment experiences, which reflect the diverse backgrounds and interests of our consumers, including children, families and fans.
The Company has taken a number of actions to advance diversity and inclusion, and will be contributing to CEOAction.com to share best practices and lessons learned with other companies in the coalition.
Notable actions include:
- Appointed Bryony Bouyer, Senior Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion and Multicultural Strategy, to oversee the Company’s efforts
- Enhanced parental leave benefits in the U.S. to offer more paid time off for new parents, including birth mothers, fathers, same-sex partners and adoptive parents
- Launched a global supply chain worker well-being pilot program in India and China to empower female factory workers
- Expanded the Hasbro Employee Networks to additional offices around the world; each group has an executive sponsor from Hasbro’s senior leadership team
- Launched BE FEARLESS BE KIND, Hasbro’s signature philanthropic initiative, designed to empower children to have the empathy, compassion and courage to stand up for others and be inclusive throughout their lives
“We are so proud that we are continuing to build momentum and support for the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion across companies, industries, and regions. This collaboration expands our reach and brings in unique values, actions and perspectives to continue to raise the bar for the entire business community,” said Tim Ryan, U.S. Chairman and Senior Partner of PwC and chair of the steering committee for the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion. “The overwhelming support for the coalition has been amazing to see and with each and every new organization signing on, we have the opportunity to put our commitments into action by working together to improve diversity and inclusion in our workplaces and communities.”
The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion is led by a steering committee of CEOs and leaders from Accenture, BCG, Deloitte US, The Executive Leadership Council, EY, General Atlantic, KPMG, New York Life, Procter & Gamble, and PwC. The coalition represents 85 industries, all 50 US States, and millions of employees globally. To learn more about the pledge, visit CEOAction.com.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. Through its entertainment labels, Allspark Pictures and Allspark Animation, the Company is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 13 on the 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine, and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past eight years. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro) and Instagram (@Hasbro).