BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alfresco Software, a commercial, open source software company, today announced that Aragon Research Inc., a leading technology-focused research and advisory firm, identified the company as a “Leader” in the Aragon Research Globe for Enterprise Content Platforms 2019 Report.
Jim Lundy, Chief Executive Officer, Aragon Research noted: “Enterprise content management has changed, and today enterprises need an enterprise content platform that can effectively automate their content processes. Providers like Alfresco, with its cloud-native, open source platform, are helping enterprises streamline the way they conduct their document-based business processes, leading to a competitive advantage.”
According to the report, “the [Alfresco Digital Business] platform includes Alfresco Content Services, an open, highly scalable enterprise content management (ECM) solution, Alfresco Process Services (BPM) and robust records management capabilities with the Alfresco Governance Services module. The platform also accelerates development of complex integrated solutions, through a rich set of open APIs and re-usable visual components, which comprise its Application Development Framework (ADF).1”
Bernadette Nixon, Chief Executive Officer, Alfresco Software, said: “We believe the Aragon Report validates our approach in delivering instant services and exceptional experiences by bringing together powerful process, content and governance services into a single, cloud-native platform; and we are proud to have recently introduced new Intelligent Services that seamlessly leverages discrete 3rd party services, such as AWS’s AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) services for Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Comprehend), image analysis (Rekognition), and text and data extraction from images (Textract). This provides enterprises with highly-scalable methods for intelligently extracting important content often locked away in multiple documents, scanned images, videos and photographs.”
A unique aspect of Alfresco’s Intelligence Services is that it retains enriched AI data, which allows enterprises to leverage the enhanced intelligence, without recurring costs. It also enables enterprises to further reference AI analysis results across large volumes of content with tools that detect potential patterns, trends and correlations.
Alfresco added significant functionality and capabilities to its Digital Business Platform over the past 12 months with the introduction of five new products and more than 40 major product updates, including:
- Alfresco Intelligence Services – A framework that allows companies to access cloud-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) services to automatically enrich content, enabling enterprises to put their unstructured data to work for them and gain valuable insight;
- Alfresco Activiti Enterprise 7.0 – The first cloud-native BPM solution enabling organizations to innovate faster and drive additional process coverage.
- Alfresco Connector for Amazon S3 – The Alfresco Content Connector for Amazon Glacier allows enterprises to leverage the leading storage service for infrequently accessed data. Clients can dramatically reduce their storage costs compared to on-premises solutions and still get the security features to meet regulatory and compliance archiving requirements – compare the cost of running your apps in an on premises or colocation environment to AWS here);
- Alfresco Digital Workspace – A modern, out-of-the-box user interface (UI), which is built using the ADF, provides users access to the power of the DBP. Its unique extensibility allows customers and partners to extend the Workspace, adding vertical and use-case specific features, that make it easier for users to get their work completed;
- Alfresco Search and Insight Engine – Built on a highly-scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant open source Solr search platform, Alfresco’s insight engine provides simple preparation and consumption of reports and delivers pre-configured reports, as well as a dashboard builder based on Apache Zeppelin.
Bernadette Nixon continued: “We believe many enterprises want to use cloud innovations like containerization and microservices, as well as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to create a competitive advantage, but few have a clear pathway to success. As noted in the Aragon Research report, the Alfresco DBP ‘allows enterprises to deal with legacy mission-critical content’. Alfresco has developed deep experience helping organizations migrate from legacy ECM systems to our cloud-native DBP. Our migration offering includes tools coupled with our Consultancy Services to provide a better way for companies to de-risk their migrations from outdated legacy systems and achieve better results more quickly.”
The Aragon report provides an enterprise content management (ECM) market overview, notes demand for full content platforms that focus on putting ‘content in motion’ and discusses the growing need for platforms that can manage more diverse content and provide real-time analytics about content-based processes.
The Aragon Research Globe for Enterprise Content Platforms 2019 Report is available here.
Alfresco Software, Inc. (“Alfresco”) is a commercial, open source software company that provides a better, more effortless way for people to work, making sure they have the information they need, exactly when they need it most. The Alfresco Digital Business Platform accelerates the design and delivery of ‘cloud-first’ solutions for the enterprise that are process and content intensive. It is a single, integrated platform built from the ground up by Alfresco and used to digitize processes, manage content and securely govern information. Alfresco helps more than 1,300 industry-leading organizations, including Cisco, Pitney Bowes, the Canadian Museum for Human Rights, US Navy Department, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and NASA, be more responsive and competitive. Founded in 2005, Alfresco has its headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For more information on Alfresco, please visit http://www.alfresco.com.
Aragon Research Disclaimer: Aragon Research does not endorse vendors, or their products or services that are referenced in its research publications, and does not advise users to select those vendors that are rated the highest. Aragon Research publications consist of the opinions of Aragon Research and Advisory Services organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Aragon Research provides its research publications and the information contained in them "AS IS," without warranty of any kind.
1 Aragon Research. “The Aragon Research Globe for Enterprise Content Platforms, 2019” by Jim Lundy, May 2019.