CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Procter & Gamble’s (NYSE: PG) Zevo -- a brand of smart insect control products that kill bugs in your home without harsh chemicals -- provides an effective solution that people can count on this summer and all year long. For people nationwide, the month of June signals the start of the summer season – as people head outdoors to enjoy activities, barbeques, visits to the beach ... pesky insects head into our homes. With industry experts predicting a rise in bug populations across the country in the months ahead**, consumers need to be prepared for the surge of insects looking to infest their homes and personal spaces.
“From rampant roach projections in the Southeast to the rising ant population in the Northwest, we are expecting an intense bug season this summer,” said Patrick Kraus, Brand Director, P&G Ventures at Procter & Gamble. “We recognized it was time for a fresh solution in insect control. Bugs are resilient and smart -- many having millions of years to devise clever survival tactics – so we formulated Zevo to be even smarter. Zevo targets insects’ unique biology, effectively killing bugs around the home without harsh chemicals.”
Most traditional bug control options often have people choosing between tolerating pests in their homes or accepting the smell and anxiety associated with the use of traditional chemical insecticides. Zevo believes you shouldn’t have to choose. Zevo Instant Action Sprays use familiar nature-inspired ingredients to target nerve receptors only active in bugs, not people or pets. These bio-selective active ingredients, powered by essential oils, use plants’ natural defenses to effectively outsmart a wide range of bugs. Zevo Flying Insect Traps use a combination of light and heat to harness nature’s most primal powers of attraction to capture flying insects around the clock.
In preparation for the impending increase in pesky insects, Zevo offers a full suite of products, including:
- Ant, Roach & Fly Multi-Insect Trigger Spray -- an easy-to-use clear spray that effectively kills bugs like ants, roaches and flies with a slight hint of lemongrass. Simply spray the bugs, wipe the sprayed area and move on.
- Ant, Roach & Spider Crawling Insect Spray -- a continuous-action aerosol spray that effectively kills ants, cockroaches, spiders, crickets and beetles.
- Wasp, Hornet & Yellow Jacket Stinging Insect Spray -- for use against wasps, hornets and yellow jackets with an aerosol that can spray up to 15 feet away, enabling you to keep a safe distance.
- Fly, Gnat & Fruit Fly Flying Insect Spray -- kills flies, fruit flies, gnats, drain flies, and moths, defending your home against these pesky insects.
- Flying Insect Traps -- attracts and captures flying insects 24/7 without spraying chemical insecticides. Instead, the traps use a multi-spectrum light technology and a body heat attractant to lure winged bugs. Easily plug the traps into any wall outlet in your home, garage or covered patio.
- Flying Insect Trap Refills -- simply snap into the plug-in base and throw away the old cartridge that is filled with flying insects.
Zevo products are available for purchase online at zevoinsect.com and at select Target and Home Depot stores across the US. To find a local retailer that carries Zevo products, visit Zevo’s store locator. For more information, visit Zevo online or connect on Facebook and Instagram.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
*When used as directed. See package label for details.
**The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) Bi-annual Bug Barometer