LOWELL, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kronos Incorporated today announced the City of Santa Barbara, California will deploy the revolutionary Workforce Dimensions cloud suite integrated with Workforce TeleStaff, an automated scheduling solution specifically designed for public safety. This technology investment demonstrates the local government’s commitment to productivity and modernizing its employee experience to maintain a supportive workplace culture for all.
- The City of Santa Barbara, a service-driven organization known for its high standards, takes pride in serving the public and its 1,600 employees across 13 city departments. Santa Barbara is investing in technology to empower its modern workforce by upgrading from a paper-based workforce management system to Workforce Dimensions, an automated solution built on the Kronos D5 platform and powered by AIMEE, an AI engine built specifically for managers and employees.
The future-ready features of Workforce Dimensions closely align with
the City of Santa Barbara’s mission to equip all employees – whether
salaried, hourly, or seasonal – with the tools and technology they
need to thrive, be productive, and serve the public.
- Predictive analytics embedded within Workforce Dimensions reveal intelligent, in-the-moment insights into daily workforce operations and potential compliance issues. For instance, managers and supervisors will be alerted to approaching employee overtime, providing greater visibility into hours worked so employees can be properly compensated.
- Automated timekeeping and timecard approvals will provide real-time visibility into critical workforce data while improving payroll accuracy and streamlining administrative work for supervisors, empowering them to focus on more strategic tasks.
- A fully responsive design delivers the same engaging user experience from a mobile phone, tablet, or desktop. The consumer-grade interface is easy to navigate and empowers employees to submit time-off requests, view schedules, clock in and out of shifts, and check time-off balances with just a few clicks. Mobile self-service features will particularly benefit Santa Barbara’s parks and recreation department, where many employees report directly to the field instead of an office.
- Customizable dashboards and a pre-configured integration with Microsoft Outlook will give users control over how they consume information while simplifying workflows. For example, the Outlook integration makes it quick and easy for both employees to submit and managers to respond to time-off requests directly via email.
- Santa Barbara’s existing payroll solution also integrates seamlessly with Workforce Dimensions to eliminate manual data entry, providing payroll managers with more time to support employees and answer questions.
Telestaff integrated with Workforce Dimensions will improve the
speed and accuracy of managing scheduling operations for hundreds of
public safety personnel across the City of Santa Barbara.
- The intelligent solution will allow department supervisors to pre-build schedules based on demand, employee preferences, and accrual balances, and will automatically allocate overtime fairly, track employee skills and certifications, and help minimize compliance risk by validating all staffing decisions against applicable union rules and labor laws in real time.
- Integrated scheduling and communication functionality will give users a streamlined experience along with greater levels of shared data between the two solutions. Workforce Telestaff will eliminate manual phone calls and expedite real-time scheduling, ensuring the right employees are automatically contacted in the right order – a process that improves employee satisfaction, unburdens supervisors, and drives productivity.
- A responsive user interface means employees can access Workforce TeleStaff from any device, including self-service features that allow them to easily swap a shift from their mobile phone – anytime, anywhere.
- The City of Santa Barbara will implement Workforce Dimensions and Workforce TeleStaff with personalized support from Kronos customer success and strategic advisory teams to achieve the greatest value from its Kronos investment.
Maryanne Knight, information technology manager, City of Santa
“Our organization is made up of people who take pride in serving the public – so, naturally, we want to do right by our employees. Of the products the City reviewed, Workforce Dimensions is the only fully integrated workforce management solution capable of meeting the high standards of Santa Barbara’s city-wide workforce. Automation is key to achieving our employee engagement goals, but integration with a proven, public safety scheduling solution like Workforce TeleStaff is essential. The fact that Kronos could address the complex needs of our various departments with a single, integrated solution delivering a modern user experience was the deciding factor in our selection of Workforce Dimensions.”
Jennifer Dowd, senior manager, public sector industry, Kronos
“Understanding that engagement is critical for building an inspired workforce, the City of Santa Barbara is leveraging Workforce Dimensions to cultivate an unrivaled employee experience. Employees will benefit from consumer-grade workplace technology that provides an intuitive user experience while automating formerly manual processes and generating cost-savings that can be reinvested in the community.”
- About City of Santa Barbara, California.
- Explore the Workforce Dimensions suite and hear first-hand how it is built to manage the workforce of the future.
- Read a complimentary copy of Gartner’s full report, “Prepare Yourself for the Future of Workforce Management.”
- Discover the unrivaled benefits of automated scheduling with Workforce TeleStaff for public safety organizations.
- Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how to transform employee engagement into a growth strategy in his new book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.###© 2019 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.