NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PRSA-NY today announced the winners of its Exceptionals Under 35 Awards, documenting the accomplishments, creativity, and drive that today’s young communications practitioners show and recognizing those who are changing the landscape of the industry.
The winners of the 2019 Exceptionals Under 35 are:
- Eleis Brennan, Assistant Vice President, Lansons Intermarket
- Sabrina Browne, Account Supervisor, BCW
- Laura Brusca, Vice President, Corporate Communications, Forbes
- Max Burns, Communications Director, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights
- Alexandra Oppenheimer Delvito, Vice President, Pollock Communications
- Shree Dhond, SVP, Co-Head of Institutional Asset Management, Dukas Linden Public Relations
- Alexandra Evans, Senior Account Supervisor, PAN Communications
- Justin Goldstein, Founder, Press Record Communications
- Jason Green, Vice President, Global Strategy Group
- Jennifer Gundersen, Manager of Media Relations, Weill Cornell Medicine
- Lisa Horn, Vice President, Legend PR
- Ana Rosella Ibarra, Associate Director, d exposito & Partners
- Sarah Katz, Senior Vice President, Client Services, D S Simon Media
- Gabie Kur, Partner & General Manager, NYC, BAM Communications
- Lisa Marzullo, Corporate Communications Manager, WarnerMedia
- Kerry McGee, Account Director, KWT Global
- Claire Nance, Director, Corporate Communications, IPG Mediabrands
- Sara Oxfeld, Vice President, HUNTER
- Raveena Parmar, Vice President, Digital, Nike Communications, Inc.
- Gillian Small, President, Gillian Small PR
- Jen Stratton, Vice President, Allison+Partners
- Brooke Theiss, Senior Public Relations Manager, WW (WeightWatchers Reimagined)
- Kristen Thompson, Senior Account Supervisor, 360+ Public Relations
The judges considered a range of factors in deciding the winners, such as demonstrated service to the PR industry; evidence of strong initiative, high ethical standards, leadership, and continuing education efforts; a history of significant career growth relative to age; proven professionalism and leadership; outstanding performance within the nominee’s organization; and professional recommendations.
Those recognized all scored top marks in the judges’ objective evaluations. Because of the unusually large and highly talented pool of applicants, the Chapter’s Executive Committee chose to expand the number of winners recognized this year to 23. The Exceptionals Under 35 Awards has been called the 15 Under 35 Awards in previous years.
“We are thrilled to recognize 23 exceptional young industry leaders with this award,” said Leslie Gottlieb, PRSA-NY President. “The number of impressive applications, and the achievements of the ultimate winners, are both reasons to be excited about the future of the public relations profession.”
The winners will be recognized at the 2019 Big Apple Awards Gala at the Mandarin Oriental in New York City. Tickets can be purchased here.
About the Big Apple Awards and PRSA-NY
PRSA-NY established the Big Apple Awards in 1987 to celebrate excellence in public relations. Widely regarded as one of the industry’s most prestigious accolades, the Big Apple Awards honors innovative and strategic PR campaigns and projects.
The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is one of the oldest, largest, and most prominent public relations Chapters in the country. Located in the media capital of the world, it offers top-level professional development, networking, mentoring, and awards. PRSA-NY serves communications professionals in agencies, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government, as well as independent practitioners.