DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Argentina - Telecoms Infrastructure, Operators, Regulations - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Argentina has an advanced telecom infrastructure though considerable investment is still required to update services in rural areas. To meet pent up demand for telecom services the government has embarked on a large-scale National Broadband Plan. In August 2016 the state-owned infrastructure operator ARSAT launched a ARS4.53 billion project to extend broadband services to some 1,200 rural communities. By mid-2018 this project was about 75% complete.
Although there are numerous operators licensed to provide services, there remains insufficient competition. The provision of both broadband and mobile services is dominated by a few key players, including Movistar, Telecom Argentina and Claro. The broadband sector is dominated by Movistar and Telecom Argentina. The market saw some consolidation after Telecom Argentina acquired Cablevisin, the cable broadband unit of Grupo Clarn, in January 2018. Grupo Clarn retains an interest in the mobile segment following its January 2016 acquisition of Nextel Argentina.
Mobile revenue accounts for more than two thirds of total telecom revenue, and this proportion continues to rise at the expense of fixed-line revenue.
This report provides an overview of Argentina's telecom market and regulatory environment, accompanied by statistical data and analyses on recent market developments.
- Construction started on the ARBR submarine cable between Argentina and Brazil;
- Fixed-number portability finally rolled out;
- Telecom Argentina completes merger with Cablevisin;
- Federal Fibre-Optic Network aiming to connect 2,600 localities across the country;
- Argentina develops local link to the Atlantic Cable System (ACSea) in partnership with Brazil;
- Report update includes the regulators market data to December 2018, telcos operating and financial data to Q1 2019, Telecom Maturity Index charts and analyses, recent market developments.
- Movistar (Telefnica de Argentina)
- Telecom Argentina
- Grupo Clarn
- Telecom Personal
- Nextel Argentina
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ipzlb