DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Mexico - Telecoms Infrastructure, Operators, Regulations - Statistics and Analyses" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report provides statistics and analyses on Mexico's fixed-line market, as well as an overview of regulatory developments.
With a population of over 123 million and a fixed-line teledensity of above 18%, Mexico's fixed-line telecom sector retains significant potential for growth. The market is still dominated by the incumbent Telmex and Grupo Televisa, which together control about two thirds of subscribers, while the mobile market is dominated by Telmex's sister company Telcel, both being owned by America Movil.
The regulator determined that Telmex's dominance warranted further regulation in certain sectors. A telecom reform law passed in mid-2013 set up a new regulator and has since enforced measures aimed at removing barriers to foreign investment and at reducing the market share of the dominant operators. These reforms will go far to making Mexico's telecom market more competitive.
A report from the OECD published in early 2018 highlighted the beneficial effects for consumers which telecom sector reform has provided, particularly in reducing the cost of services. It also highlighted that in international terms there remains much to be done to improve the quality of services. Regulatory efforts are continuing to enforce the separation of America Movil's fixed-line and mobile businesses.
- America Movil ordered to continue separating its mobile and fixed businesses;
- Telecomm-Telgrafos issues tender guidelines for contract to build a 25,000km wholesale access network;
- Government introduces legislative changes for the telecom sector;
- Mexsat Bicentenario satellite launches;
- Report update includes the regulators market data report to March 2018, telcos financial and operating data to Q2 2018, market developments.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key statistics
3. Country overview
4. Telecommunications market
4.1 Historical overview
4.2 Market analysis
4.3 Telecoms reform
5. Regulatory environment
5.1 Regulatory authorities
5.4 Foreign investment rules
6. Fixed network operators
6.2 Telmex/America Movil
6.4 Grupo Televisa
7. Telecommunications infrastructure
7.1 Overview of the national telecom network
7.2 National network infrastructure developments
8. Smart infrastructure
8.1 Smart grid technology
- Telefonos de Mexico (Telmex)
- AT&T Mexico.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/d6a6rn