PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Comcast Corporation today announced the preliminary results of its 2019 Annual Meeting of Shareholders held this morning. Final voting results will be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on a Form 8-K within four business days.
- Election of Directors: Shareholders elected all nominees to Comcast’s Board of Directors for one-year terms. Comcast’s Board has 10 directors, eight of whom are independent.
- Ratification of the Appointment of our Independent Auditors: Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP to serve as independent auditors for the year ending December 31, 2019.
- Approval of the Comcast Corporation 2019 Omnibus Sharesave Plan: Shareholders voted in favor of this proposal.
- Advisory Vote on Executive Compensation: Shareholders voted in favor of this proposal.
- Independent Board Chairman: Shareholders voted against this proposal.
- To Provide a Lobbying Report: Shareholders voted against this proposal.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with three primary businesses: Comcast Cable, NBCUniversal, and Sky. Comcast Cable is one of the United States’ largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the Xfinity brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the Xfinity brand. NBCUniversal is global and operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures, and Universal Parks and Resorts. Sky is one of Europe's leading media and entertainment companies, connecting customers to a broad range of video content through its pay television services. It also provides communications services, including residential high-speed internet, phone, and wireless services. Sky operates the Sky News broadcast network and sports and entertainment networks, produces original content, and has exclusive content rights. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.