The Connected Mining Solutions Market is a comprehensive report analyzing the latest developments on the market for connected solutions used in the mining sector. This strategic research report provides you with 180 pages of unique business intelligence including 5-year industry forecasts and expert commentary on which to base your business decisions.
The total installed base of connected mining solutions reached almost 0.6 million units in use worldwide across the equipment, people and environment segments in 2018. The equipment segment accounts for the largest share of the total, representing connected devices deployed on machines and vehicles used in mining operations. This includes solutions ranging from OEM telematics systems on mining equipment to advanced connected solutions supplied by mining technology specialists.
The people segment consists of various solutions deployed to support the safety and productivity of mining personnel, while the environment segment includes sensor technology implemented for environmental monitoring of the mine itself. Growing at a compound annual growth rate of 15.5 percent, the installed base of connected mining solutions across all segments is forecasted to reach close to 1.2 million units in 2023. Asia-Pacific is estimated to account for the largest share of the total installed base, followed by North America, the Middle East & Africa, Latin America and Europe.
The top players active in the connected mining space include strikingly different types of companies, ranging from specialized independent technology suppliers of varying sizes up to the leading mining equipment manufacturers. Many of the key players today serve both surface and underground mining customers. The surface segment is dominated by Modular Mining Systems (owned by Komatsu), Hexagon Mining, Wenco International Mining Systems (owned by Hitachi Construction Machinery) and Caterpillar through its Cat MineStar suite.
Modular, Hexagon and Caterpillar all serve underground customers in addition to a primary presence in the surface segment, while Wenco is fully focused on surface mining. VIST Group is also a player in the surface segment and serves some underground operations as well. Examples of key technology providers focused specifically on underground applications are Newtrax Technologies (recently acquired by Sandvik) and Mobilaris (partially owned by Epiroc). The underground segment is, in general, less mature and more fragmented. Mine Site Technologies, MICROMINE, and rapidBizApps are additional strong players in the underground segment that all also serve surface customers to varying extents.
Highlights from this report:
- Insights from numerous interviews with market-leading companies.
- Perspectives on the impact of emerging technologies.
- Profiles of key players offering connected mining solutions.
- Overview of the connected mining value chain and key applications.
- Summary of the latest industry trends and developments.
- Forecasts of connected mining solutions lasting until 2023.
This report answers the following questions:
- What types of techniques are used in surface and underground mining respectively?
- Which are the major types of mining equipment?
- Which are the main connected mining applications and concepts?
- How will the installed base develop in the coming years?
- Which are the key providers of connected mining solutions?
- What offerings are available from equipment OEMs?
- What other types of players are involved in the connected mining value chain?
- Which are the major trends and drivers affecting the market?
- How will the market for connected mining solutions evolve in the future?
- Hexagon Mining
- Hitachi Construction Machinery
- Mine Sense Solutions
- Mine Site Technologies (MST)
- Minetec (Codan)
- Mining TAG
- MinLog (Maptek)
- Modular Mining Systems (Komatsu)
- Newtrax Technologies (Sandvik)
- Northern Light Technologies (NLT)
- VIST Group
- Volvo CE (Volvo Group)
- Wenco International Mining Systems (Hitachi Construction Machinery)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/b1sh04