PORTLAND, Ore,--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leyard and Planar, global leaders in visualization products, today announced the next-generation Planar® LookThru™ Transparent OLED Display, which leverages the latest in transparent organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technology to provide a self-emitting transparent display for true see-through installations without the need for backlighting or enclosures.
The new Planar LookThru display builds on the frameless glass design of the original version, enabling customers to overlay digital content and imagery over actual objects to create unique, eye-catching installations. Suitable both as a standalone product and for tiled installations, the 55-inch display is ideal for a wide range of applications including retail merchandising, corporate displays, museum exhibits, award and trophy cases, and tradeshow exhibits. Leyard and Planar will showcase the Planar LookThru at InfoComm 2019.
“The customer demand for a next-generation Planar LookThru display has been truly unprecedented,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Leyard and Planar. “We’re thrilled to announce this new product, which brings to life the amazing variety of creative designs our customers envision for their organizations.”
“The Planar LookThru display has been a tremendous success with some of our largest rental clients,” said ABCOMRENTS CEO Sonny Goyal. “We are thrilled to learn that we will have the opportunity to work with the next-generation of the Planar LookThru Transparent OLED display.”
The next-generation Planar LookThru allows users to showcase a single object behind a single 55-inch display or larger objects behind a tiled video wall. It offers the following benefits:
- Brilliant picture quality. The new 55-inch Planar LookThru offers vibrant colors that, at 120% NTCS, exceed the standards set by the National Television System Committee. The emissive OLED display provides wide viewing angles with excellent no off-axis contrast and brightness. With Full HD resolution, it also delivers stunning graphics and full-motion video.
- High performance. Planar LookThru comes with a 4K@60Hz DisplayPort and HDMI connectivity that includes HDCP 2.2 content protection compliance. Installations are fully controllable using RS-232, LAN and other control systems. The display is also compatible with leading processing and source routing solutions.
- High durability. The new Planar LookThru features Planar® ERO-OLED™ (Extended Ruggedness and Optics™) technology that uses a proprietary process to bond protective glass to the front surface of an OLED display. The result is a highly durable display surface that can withstand the rigors of high-traffic environments. Planar ERO-OLED also improves perceived contrast making content more readable and impactful to the user, even in bright public venues.
- Flexible configuration. The next-generation Planar LookThru can be used in either portrait or landscape orientations. The display can be mounted on tables and ceilings and built into custom fixtures. It can also be tiled to create large, attention-grabbing video walls using DisplayPort video loop through.
- Easy set-up. The next-generation Planar LookThru comes fully assembled and ready to connect to a source, making set-up quick and intuitive. Optional accessories can be purchased including a base plate for ceiling mounting, tiling components to protect display edges and a platform cover to create a staging surface for items placed behind the display.
Planar LookThru will begin shipping in Summer 2019 and is available through Leyard and Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. Visitors to InfoComm 2019 can view the Planar LookThru along with other innovations at the Leyard and Planar Booth #3143. Additional information, including the Planar LookThru Content Developers Guide, Planar LookThru Fabricator’s Guide and a Transparent OLED eBook, is available at www.Planar.com/LookThru and www.Leyard.com/LookThru.
About Leyard and Planar, A Leyard Company
Leyard is a global leader in the design, production, distribution and service of digital displays, video walls and visualization products worldwide. The Leyard Group of companies and brands, which includes Planar Systems, eyevis and Teracue, is comprised of displays, entertainment and lighting system solutions. Leyard is the global market leader for LED video displays and narrow pixel pitch LED, offering indoor, outdoor, fixed and creative displays (Futuresource 2018). Used in applications such as broadcast, sports arenas, stadiums, advertisement networks, retail, digital signage, control rooms, exhibitions, large scale events and digital cultural experiences, Leyard enjoys marquee installations globally and has over 300 patents in display technology. Founded in 1995, the group is headquartered in Beijing, China, and is traded on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange (stock code: 300296). Forbes magazine (2013) named Leyard among “China’s Top 100 Most Potential Listed Companies.” For more information, visit www.leyard.com.