SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pivotal Software, Inc. (NYSE: PVTL), a leading cloud-native platform provider, today announced Pivotal Spring Runtime, a comprehensive support package for Java environments.
Pivotal Spring Runtime includes support for the most popular components of a modern Java development stack:
- Pivotal Distribution of OpenJDK™. Pivotal’s OpenJDK distribution includes ongoing support, plus regular security and performance updates. In addition, we recently signed on as a Platinum Sponsor of AdoptOpenJDK to help advance the interests of the OpenJDK community.
- Spring Support. Pivotal now offers commercial support for the most popular SpringⓇ projects—including Spring FrameworkⓇ, Spring BootⓇ, Spring CloudⓇ, Spring Cloud Dataflow, plus many more.
- Apache TomcatⓇ Support. Pivotal supports the open-source project, as well as Pivotal tc Server, our open-core enterprise extended edition of Tomcat. Pivotal Spring Runtime customers can expect regular security patches and other updates.
Pivotal’s support services for these components make development with Java simple and hassle-free.
“Spring is the most popular framework for Java with over a million developers choosing Spring every month; it’s how the modern enterprise does Java development,” said Ryan Morgan, VP of Engineering, Application Platform, Pivotal. “Enterprises are now looking for a new long-term supplier for Java. They can enjoy world-class support and unrivaled industry expertise with Pivotal and Pivotal Spring Runtime.”
Pivotal Spring Runtime supports Java workloads running on LinuxⓇ and WindowsⓇ server environments including server-side apps running on bare metal, VMs, containers, or Kubernetes. Pivotal Application ServiceⓇ includes Pivotal Spring Runtime, so Java workloads running on the app platform are already covered.
The product is available as a yearly subscription, priced per Kubernetes Pod and per Core.
- Blog post for our new Pivotal Spring Runtime
- Product page for Pivotal Spring Runtime
- Supporting Java, Spring, and OpenJDK in the Enterprise: What You Need to Know Webinar
About Pivotal Software, Inc.
Pivotal combines our cloud-native platform, developer tools, and unique methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build and run their most important software applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies to achieve strategic advantages in software development and IT operations. Learn more at pivotal.io.
Source: Pivotal Investor Relations
©2019 Pivotal Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Pivotal is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Pivotal Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Apache®, Apache Tomcat® and Kubernetes are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. Java and OpenJDK are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. WindowsⓇ is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.