The report "Top Growth Opportunities: Hot Drinks in the US", provides an overview of the Hot Drinks market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption.
The US was the largest market for hot drinks regionally (Americas) and the second-largest globally. In 2017, the US stood in 9th position out of the top 50 economies considered for the study of opportunities in the hot drinks sector. The sector was valued at over US$18,000 million, accounting for a value share of 11.8% at a global level which was second only to China's 15.5% share in the same year. The country is expected to witness an upward growth over 2017-2022, picking up from 2012-2017.
Growing demand and an above-average forecast growth rate among the top 50 economies provides a healthy opportunity for manufacturers to expand. The sector is forecast to add US$5.5 billion over the next five years to reach US$24+ billion by 2022. The US hot drinks sector is poised to witness value growth on the back of increasing purchasing power driven by rising personal incomes in the country. Furthermore, Americans work long hours, more than the OECD average and many other developed economies. This translates into higher spending on hot drinks such as coffee, which is perceived as a stimulant that promotes alertness.
Driven by the US government's corporate tax reforms, aggressive trade policies, and a push for local manufacturing, the US economy is witnessing record growth levels across key macro parameters. Consumer spending and consumer confidence have grown sharply, while the US unemployment rate is at a 50-year low, indicating a positive outlook in the near future, especially for consumer markets in the country. However, trade wars with China and other countries such as Canada, Mexico, and EU countries, as well as inflation arising from the current market scenario, pose a threat to the US economy.
The report also provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Hot Drinks producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Hot Drinks sector in the US through detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies.
- Hot Tea is projected to be the fastest growing category in value terms over 2017-2022.
- Healthy, personalized, and premium products are expected to drive the US hot drinks sector over 2017-2022.
- Older consumers (55+) are the largest consumer group in the hot drinks sector.
- Tea pods and fruite and herbal tea are two segments that are rapidly growing and ripe for new product launches.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Introducing a top growth market for Hot Drinks
- Top 10 global growth opportunities scores
- Top global issues in hot drinks markets
- Assessment against global strategic issues
- Strategic issues map
- Predicted future issues for the global hot drinks sector
- Reward and risk assessment
- Opportunity score - overview
- Consumer spending trends - peer group comparisons
- Political, economic, social, and technological: analysis
- Enablers and inhibitors of growth
- Rewards and opportunities for growth
- Summary of the market
2. Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into
- Market growth by category
- Value growth of the sector by category
- Volume growth of the sector by category
- Level of premiumization by category
- Category analysis - key drivers of change
3. Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth
- Hot drinks retail channel share
- Key retail channel trends
- Routes to market
- Drivers of change in the sector
4. Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined
- Category fragmentation
- Company and brand strength
- Private label penetration
- Leading trademark owners' share
- International and domestic trademark owner analysis
- Company and brand strength summary
5. Consumer insight - who, what, when, where, and why
- Strategic issues map
- Key consumer drivers
- Key consumers trends
- Consumer groups
- Key health & wellness trends
- Consumer trends summary
6. Product and packaging insights
- Key product insights
- Trends and strategic issues - other notable product trends
- Product & packaging insights - Key product innovation case studies
- Key packaging insights
- Trends and strategic issues - pack material trends
- Trends and strategic issues - closure material trends
- Product launch key takeouts
7. White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into
- Growth segments to target
- Segment opportunities
- Consumer spaces to target
- Price dynamics
- Key recommendations
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Starbucks Corporation
- Jacobs Douwe Egberts
- Nestl SA
- Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group
- DD IP Holder Llc.
- Tata Sons Limited
- Peet's Coffee & Tea
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/r6fzw1