Effective delegation can be a valuable skill to master, as it can not only help increase your productivity but also help develop and motivate your team. This interactive course will examine the key principles of effective delegation and provide you with the essential tools you need to delegate well.
Key topics to be covered:
- Understand what delegation means and why it can be difficult
- Learn how to delegate efficiently using a planned approach
- What is the link between delegation and motivation?
- Examine the difference between delegation and empowerment
- Post-delegation analysis - how to give effective feedback after a task has been completed
Who Should Attend:
This course is suitable for managers, supervisors and team leaders who wish to refresh or update their delegation skills and gain a better understanding of how and when to delegate effectively.
Identify your own learning objectives for the course
What does delegation mean? u Why should we delegate?
Why is delegation often linked with motivation?
- Discuss the top four main motivating factors, according to Herzberg and McGregor, and how to achieve these through delegation
- Job interest
- Sense of achievement
Examine the difference between delegation and empowerment
- What are the key differences between delegating and empowering?
- Do you want to empower' or delegate more effectively?
- Explore the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches
Guidelines for delegation
- How to plan your approach to ensure effective delegation of a task
- What questions will help form your delegation process?
Practical case study work - guided role play on delegating a task. Areas to be covered include:
- Delegating to different team members
- Planning a delegation
- Appraising the completed task
- Post-delegation analysis - effective feedback for when tasks go well and for when they don't
Key learning points to take back to the workplace
Post-course action plan
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4bg62u