LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) celebrates the fresh flavors of summer with a new selection of artfully crafted, seasonal dishes and drinks arriving today at CPK locations nationwide.* CPK’s summer menu includes the return of fan favorites like the California Fields Salad and Strawberry Shortcake, both bursting with fresh seasonal fruit, summer-fresh beverages like the Sparkling Watermelon-Lime and alcoholic Sparkling Tropical Haven cocktail made with coconut rum, pineapple and raspberry, and, back by popular fan demand, the return of the Broccoli Sun-Dried Tomato Fusilli.
In addition, CPK is introducing a veggie-forward spin on its most iconic dish, the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, with the arrival of the new BBQ Heirloom Carrot Flatbread. Made with colorful, roasted baby rainbow heirloom carrots, smoked Gouda, charred red onion petals, CPK’s signature BBQ sauce and housemade ranch atop hand-stretched dough, the flatbread follows other recent vegetable-centric additions to the CPK menu like Spicy Buffalo and Sticky Asian Cauliflower small plates, protein- and veggie-packed Power Bowls and industry-first Cauliflower Pizza Crust introduced last year.
“Our new seasonal menu reflects our creative response to a growing preference for more options that incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables at the center of the plate,” said Brian Sullivan, SVP of Culinary Innovation at CPK. “In particular, our new BBQ Heirloom Carrot Flatbread represents a veggie-forward evolution of CPK’s Original BBQ Chicken Pizza – the pizza that put CPK on the map back in 1985 – using fresh, roasted baby heirloom rainbow carrots in place of grilled chicken, along with charred red onion petals, smoked Gouda and fresh cilantro. It’s a deliciously unexpected and very CPK twist on familiar flavors that we think guests will love!”
Available at CPK locations for a limited time, the new summer seasonal menu features the following items:
- BBQ Heirloom Carrot Flatbread: Inspired by our Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, this vegetarian spin features hearth-roasted carrots, smoked Gouda, charred red onions, Parmesan, fresh cilantro, our classic BBQ sauce and housemade ranch dressing
- California Fields Salad: Fresh watermelon, strawberries and field greens with our housemade Champagne vinaigrette, Feta, fresh basil and California pistachios
- Broccoli Sun-Dried Tomato Fusilli: Baby broccolini, house marinated sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan, fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil & thyme, sautéed with California olive oil
- Strawberry Shortcake: Our fresh shortcake biscuit piled high with seasonal strawberries, whipped cream and housemade candied lemon zest
- Sparkling Tropical Haven: Escape to paradise with our newest cocktail featuring La Marca Prosecco, RumHaven Coconut Rum, raspberry purée & pineapple juice
- Sparkling Watermelon-Lime: Perfectly refreshing Perrier Lemon Sparkling Water with a light watermelon flavor, fresh mint & lime (non-alcoholic & non-refillable)
Additional food and beverage photography is available upon request.
Want to try a new seasonal item but afraid you won’t love it as much as your CPK favorite? No problem! CPK welcomes guests to explore the menu and find new favorites with the CPK Menu Adventure Guarantee: Try a new dish and, if you don’t absolutely love it, CPK is happy to replace it with your favorite at no additional cost.
To learn more about CPK’s seasonal menu and check the availability of items in your area, please visit http://www.cpk.com/menu/.
*Seasonal menu items will not be available at the following CPK locations: Brea, Chino Hills, Fashion Show, Irvine Spectrum, Palm Desert, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Summerlin, Temecula and Tustin.
About California Pizza Kitchen
In 1985, California Pizza Kitchen (CPK) opened its first restaurant in Beverly Hills and introduced diners to innovative California-style pizza. With a passion for combining fresh, seasonal ingredients with flavor inspirations from around the world, today CPK is a global brand serving creative California cuisine in more than 250 restaurants in 11 countries and U.S. territories. From signature, hand-tossed pizzas and high-quality main plates to inventive better-for-you options, Lunch Duos, premium wines and handcrafted beverages, CPK adds its imaginative twist to create a memorable dining experience. For more information, visit cpk.com. Connect with CPK on Twitter at @calpizzakitchen, Instagram at @californiapizzakitchen, and Facebook at facebook.com/californiapizzakitchen. Download the CPK Rewards™ app for iOS and Android to earn rewards for dining creatively, pay by mobile, order online and more.