DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Trends and Opportunities in the Thai Packaging Industry: Analysis of changing packaging trends in the Food, Cosmetics and Toiletries, Beverages and Other Industries" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Trends & Opportunities in the Thai Packaging Industry brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Thai packaging market. It includes market overview, growth analysis by pack material and industry, pack material growth analysis by industry and sector, analysis by pack material, and trends, case studies, and future outlook.
The packaging industry in Thailand is set to witness moderate growth between 2018 and 2023, growing from 61.4 billion units in 2018 to 71.3 billion units by 2023, at a CAGR of 3%. Decline in packaging will be largely influenced by the fall in the demand for tobacco and tobacco products industry.
Apart from tobacco and tobacco products, other industries are expected to perform well, with non-alcoholic beverages industry expected to emerge as the key growth driver for the packaging industry. This growth is primarily due to the increasingly hectic lifestyles of Thai consumers which is driving the growth of small-sized, on-the-go, easy to store/open/close packs in the country. Paper & board is the largest packaging material in the country with a share of 74.6% in 2018, while rigid plastics is forecast to witness the highest CAGR of 5.3% during 2018-2023.
The Thai packaging industry is characterized by packages that enhance the functionality of the products through on-the-go packs, sustainable packs or personalized packs, among others. In terms of packaging material, rigid plastic is forecast to be the highest market share gainer, with pack share growth of 0.4% during 2018-2023. This is largely due to their lightweight and cost-effectiveness, with extensive usage in sectors such as soft drinks and dairy food. By contrast, paper & board is estimated to lose 0.8% share over the forecast period, due to significant reduction in cigarette consumption, which is affecting the uptake of this pack material.
- Market overview: provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates during 2018-2023.
- Growth analysis by pack material and industry: provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across industries during 2018-2023.
- Pack material growth analysis by industry and sector: provides an overview of each packaging material and the industry where it is mostly used.
- Analysis by pack material: provides the growth rates (CAGR during 2018-2023) of different packaging materials within each industry.
- Key packaging materials: includes data and analysis - number of units (millions), volumes (million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types: rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, flexible packaging, and others (those not included in any of the five mentioned) during 2018-2023. It also covers:
- Pack sub-type: includes aluminum, aluminum foil/paper/plastic, brick, flexible plastic, gable top, glass, HDPE, metal, paper, paper & board, PET, plastic, ready metal trays, shaped, thin-walled, and others
- Pack type: includes aerosol, jar, can - food, bag/sachet, pouch, tray, tub, carton, film, tin, bottle, box, blister pack, foil, wrapper, clamshell, tube, can - composite, can - drink, other line items, sleeve, can - paint, keg/drum, cup, bag-in-box, specialty cosmetic containers and others
- Closure material: includes metal, natural, plastic, synthetic, and others
- Closure type: includes cap, twist off, prize off, foil, film, screw top, stopper, dispenser, flip/snap top, sports cap, plastic tie, crown, lever closure, and others
- Primary outer material: includes flexible, paper & board, rigid plastic, and others
- Primary outer type: includes box, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap, blister pack, and others
- Trends, case studies, and future outlook: provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly, etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view of the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section give a success example, highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies, and best practices.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o0sbis