LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IMDb (www.imdb.com), the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content, and IMDbPro (www.imdbpro.com), the essential resource for entertainment industry professionals, today revealed an in-depth look at how fans around the world have responded to HBO’s Game of Thrones, which debuted in 2011 and will have its series finale on Sunday, May 19. The show has shattered multiple IMDb records, and here are a few examples:
- Game of Thrones was the #1 TV show on IMDb for six years in a row (2012-2017) based on the IMDbPro proprietary weekly TV rankings, which are determined by page views of the hundreds of millions of unique monthly visitors to IMDb worldwide. (Game of Thrones did not air new episodes in 2018.)
- Game of Thrones is the TV show with the most IMDb user ratings, with 1.5MM votes and a rating of 9.5 stars (out of 10). “Battle of the Bastards” (Season 6, Episode 9) is both the highest-rated Game of Thrones episode at 9.9 stars (out of 10) and the most-rated Game of Thrones episode with 166K votes.
- Game of Thrones is the most-tracked TV show IMDbPro members are following with IMDbPro Track.
- Game of Thrones is the most-visited title (films and TV shows) of all-time on the IMDbPro iOS and Android apps.
- IMDb hosts more than 300 videos related to Game of Thrones, which is more than any other TV show on the site. Original videos include cast interviews, fan theories, IMDbrief explainer series and more. The best-performing original videos on IMDb social media channels have been Evolution of Arya Stark, Casting Calls: Emilia Clarke and Night King IMDbrief. Watch some of the top-performing IMDb original videos about Game of Thrones here.
IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows and celebrities. Products and services to help fans decide what to watch and where to watch it include: the IMDb website for desktop and mobile devices; apps for iOS and Android; and IMDb X-Ray on Fire TV devices. IMDb also operates a free streaming channel, IMDb Freedive, and produces original video series including “The IMDb Show” and “Casting Calls.” For entertainment industry professionals, IMDb provides IMDbPro and Box Office Mojo. IMDb is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.imdb.com/press and follow @IMDb.