MALAKOFF, France--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
THERACLION (Paris:ALTHE) (Euronext Growth, FR0010120402 – ALTHE), a company specialized in leading-edge medical equipment for echotherapy, today announces major achievements in its key market Germany: Four Echopulse solutions for the treatment of thyroid nodules and breast fibroadenomas have been sold to hospitals and private institutions and more insurances cover echotherapy.
Theraclion starts the year 2019 with the sales of three systems and a transformation of a commercial agreement into an acquisition:
• The University of Köln has acquired an Echopulse system for the Department of Nuclear Medicine under the clinical leadership of Prof Dr. Drzezga.
• An Echopulse system has been purchased by Dr. Bossong and installed in his private practice in Hamburg-Ahrensburg.
• Echotherapy now is also offered in Bonn by the clinic group “GFO Kliniken Bonn”. The GFO group comprises 3 clinics within the former capital of Germany and the system will be operated under the clinical guidance of Dr. Warwas, a general surgeon.
• The Echotherapy center in Berlin has transformed its commercial agreement into an acquisition of the system.
These four sales mark a sharp acceleration in Germany where Theraclion sold one Echopulse in the year 2018. It confirms its strategy to continue to market its breast fibroids and thyroid nodules treatment solutions based on the existing commercial system at the same time as Theraclion develops the echotherapy solution to treat varicose vein. In total, those four sales add up to 0,8 M€.
Theraclion also announces two major milestones in insurance coverage of echotherapy in Germany
• The IKK Classic, being with almost 3.2 M insured lives one of the biggest German national public insurers has signed the echotherapy contract and the agreement will be active from 1.4.2019.
• The “ARGE Selective Contracts NORDWEST“, has lead, representing other public BKK insurances, a nationwide special care contract for echotherapy.
“The addition of those four sites is a major step forward to broad ecotherapy patient access in Germany”, says José Abellan, VP Business Development, Theraclion. “
”In total, the current number of insured lives adds up to around 18.6M people and the ARGE holds a realistic near-term potential to add another 3 Million to this number.” adds Anja Kleber, VP Marketing and Market Access, Theraclion.
Theraclion is a French company specializing in high-tech medical equipment using therapeutic ultrasound. Drawing on leading-edge technologies, Theraclion has designed and manufactured an innovative solution for echotherapy, the Echopulse®, allowing non-invasive tumor treatment through ultrasound-guided high-intensity focused ultrasound. Theraclion is ISO 13485 certified and has received the CE mark for non-invasive ablation of breast fibroadenomas and thyroid nodules. Based in Malakoff, near Paris, France Theraclion has brought together a team of 23 people, 50% of whom are dedicated to R&D and clinical trials. For more information, please visit Theraclion’s website: www.theraclion.com
Theraclion is listed on Euronext Growth Paris
Mnemonic: ALTHE - ISIN Code: FR0010120402