LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On 29-30 June, Mitel will help Major League Baseball™ (MLB) bring regular season games to Europe for the first time ever. Transforming London Stadium into a ballpark during the month of June, MLB™ will leverage Mitel communications at the centre of its technology stack to ensure teams and officials are always connected.
During the series, Mitel will provide a common, unified system for dugout, bullpen, video review room and press box communications. Since the games are official regular season games between the Boston Red Sox™ and the New York Yankees™, the system will also record and monitor communications conducted to ensure compliance with MLB regulations. In addition, the system will power connections:
- From the field to the Replay Review Center in New York City, so umpires and officials can connect when a call on the field is being reviewed
- From the clubhouse to the press box to inform media of important information, such as a line-up change
- From the dugout to the bullpen, so coaches can discuss which pitchers should warm up or come into the game
The partnership with Mitel and MLB was initiated last year when the league selected Mitel as its Official Business Technology & Communications Partner. Through the agreement, Mitel provides standardised communications systems for all 30 MLB ballparks in North America and the Replay Review Center in New York City. The system installed at London Stadium will include the same advanced capabilities, delivering a consistent experience for coaches, players, umpires and staff, all while meeting the real-time communications requirements of an MLB™ game.
Mitel is the title partner of the first two London Series. The historic pair of two-game sets will be played at London Stadium in summer 2019 and 2020.
"High-performance organisations need smart, fast and reliable ways to communicate,” said Rich McBee, President and CEO, Mitel. “Baseball is unique as a sport given the heavy dependence that coaches and officials place on real-time, secure communications technology to stay connected and ensure the integrity of the game. As an organisation with deep heritage in the UK, we are honoured to be a part of this landmark event and bring the communications expertise we have built with MLB in North America to London.”
“Mitel has been an outstanding business communications and technology partner in providing seamless systems for MLB and our Clubs,” said Noah Garden, Executive Vice President, Commerce, MLB. “Their proven track record allows us to be confident in our infrastructure so that we can focus on creating unforgettable baseball experiences, such as these first-ever regular season games in London.”
- Mitel powered 1000+ of the most important calls during the 2018 MLB season and Postseason; all with call reporting, analytics and call recording capabilities.
- More than 50 professional sports organizations, including UEFA Champions League finalists Liverpool Football Club and Tottenham Hotspur, trust Mitel for their communications and collaboration needs.
- Mitel ranks as the leading supplier of business communications systems in EMEA (source: MZA) and the number one cloud communications supplier globally (source: Synergy).
- Learn more about the Mitel & MLB Present London Series 2019 and Mitel’s role in powering technology for the games.
- Watch the video on how Mitel is Helping Major League Baseball® “make the right calls.”
- Read the blog by Mitel expert and former Kansas City Royals™ pitcher, Jimmy Serrano, on how effective communications and collaboration are involved in every game of baseball.
- See why Liverpool Football Club and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club selected Mitel as their communications and collaboration provider.
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel.
Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.