PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Airport Lounge Development Inc. (ALD), an award-winning global provider of premium shared-use lounges, debuts the opening of The Club JAX at Jacksonville International Airport. The Club JAX, opening today, gives travelers the opportunity to replenish with new food & beverage options, refresh with a shower and stay productive and connected, joins an expanding network of new or planned lounges which include:
- The Club LAS at Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport, Terminal 1, Concourse D
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Terminal D, near Gate 25
- A second location planned at Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport, joining The Club SJC in Terminal A
- The Club CHS at Charleston International Airport
- The Club at Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- The Club MSY at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
“At ALD we are excited to expand our global lounge offerings in Florida beyond our two locations at Orlando International Airport, with The Club JAX as our sixteenth U.S. lounge to open,” said Nancy Knipp, Senior Vice President of ALD. “The Club JAX will provide Jacksonville travelers a premium lounge experience, regardless of their airline or class of ticket.”
Located in Jacksonville Airport’s Main Concourse across from the TSA checkpoint, the nearly 3,000 square-foot lounge provides available seating for up to 52 airport guests. Visitors will enjoy floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the runway, providing a front-row view of the daily “air show” of the 125th Fighter Wing of the Florida Air National Guard, stationed at Jacksonville International Airport. The Club JAX reflects the same fresh and modern styling available throughout all our lounge spaces while reflecting a “sense of place” with featured photography of Jacksonville landmarks captured in award-winning photography by local artist, Mark Krancer. Available in all lounges are six signature zones where guests can tailor their experience around their unique needs:
- A Relax Zone – enjoy comfortable club-chair seating and ottomans with reading lamps and power
- A Productivity Zone – dedicated to guests who want to get some work done, this working area includes a desk-height counter, ergonomic task chairs, and an abundance of U.S. and international electrical outlets and USB ports. Take advantage of the lounge’s complimentary computer, printer or “privacy” seating to conduct quiet phone calls or read
- A Kids Zone – kids can stay entertained in a special area designed just for them and enjoy dedicated television programming and iPads available for games and art projects
- A Replenish Zone – enjoy a dining area provisioned with a selection of premium food and beverages from the lounge’s seasonal hot and cold buffet, as well as a variety of all-day snack items. A separate bar area allows guests to enjoy complimentary cocktails and premium spirits as well as other refreshing, non-alcoholic options. Guests can enjoy the tastes of Jacksonville through artfully crafted cocktails and a local beers list developed exclusively for The Club JAX by celebrated chef-mixologist, Kathy Casey. A signature cocktail for the lounge will include local favorite Manifest Distilling’s Citrus Vodka and familiar brews of North Florida: Veterans United, Engine 15 and Green Room
- A Resting Zone – dedicated quiet space featuring chairs with ottomans for guests to rest and recharge ahead of their flight
- A Refresh Zone – provides two private restrooms and a private spa-inspired shower
“We are excited to welcome Airport Lounge Development’s The Club JAX as our first shared-use lounge,” said Mark VanLoh, CEO of Jacksonville Aviation Authority. “With the addition of The Club JAX, all passengers, regardless of which airline they fly, will experience a premium lounge offering that caters to their individual needs. We believe Jacksonville travelers will find The Club JAX a place of relaxation prior to their next flight.”
The Club JAX is available to Priority Pass’ membership along with LoungeKey and Lounge Club – which represents a vast number of credit cards, banks and other financial institutions. The lounge is also available to other JAX travelers through the purchase of a day pass. Airport travelers looking for a complete hospitality experience in a timeless contemporary environment can visit by purchasing a day pass online or at the lounge for a nominal cost of $40. The Club JAX also participates in the AAA Members Discount and Rewards Program. The lounge is open daily from 4:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. ET.
For more information, visit: http://www.theclubairportlounges.com.
About Airport Lounge Development Inc.
Operating since 2006, ALD is the U.S. leader in independent shared-use lounges offering an affordable hospitality experience for travelers on any airline and traveling any class of service. ALD specializes in the design, construction, operation, management and marketing of independent shared-use airport lounges. ALD's experienced leadership team is known for delivering a turnkey lounge solution tailored to the airport's needs and supported by an established customer foundation.
ALD is part of Collinson, a global leader in loyalty and benefits. Collinson crafts customer experiences which enable some of the world’s best known brands to acquire, engage and retain the most demanding and choice-rich customers. Its unique expertise and insight into high earning, frequent travelers allows its clients to deliver the smarter experiences it takes to drive deeper customer devotion.