CAMDEN, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) was recognized today on the 100 Best Corporate Citizens List by Corporate Responsibility Magazine. This is the 10th consecutive year Campbell has been named to the list.
Campbell ranked No. 4 among all large-cap Russell 1000 companies in the magazine’s annual listing, which is regarded as an authority on measuring and ranking corporate responsibility. The company has ranked in the top 20 every year it’s been named to the list since 2010.
To determine the ranking, Corporate Responsibility Magazine analyzes 98 environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors of disclosure and performance across seven pillars: environment, climate change, employee relations, human rights, governance, stakeholders, and financial.
“This honor is a testament to the more than 20,000 Campbell employees around the world who are committed to sustainability, transparency and improving Campbell’s hometown communities,” said Dave Stangis, Campbell’s Vice President of Corporate Responsibility and Chief Sustainability Officer. “We are proud to be named to the 100 Best Corporate Citizens List for the 10th consecutive year and honored to be recognized in the top 5 once again.”
Campbell’s fiscal 2018 corporate responsibility achievements include:
- Reduced GHG emissions intensity by 42 percent, energy intensity by 30 percent, and water intensity by 37 percent since fiscal 2008;
- Engaged wheat growers representing 10,000 acres of wheat in fertilizer optimization programs;
- Expanded sustainable farming techniques among tomato growers with 72 percent of acres farmed for Campbell tomatoes using drip irrigation systems;
- Reduced food waste by 11 percent;
- Advanced crate-free pork purchases to 57 percent;
- Delivered over 16 billion servings of vegetables globally; and,
- Contributed $54.4 million in global giving and 10,350 volunteer hours.
Campbell’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability mission is to lead the industry in crafting food that is ethically and sustainably grown, sourced, produced and shared. To learn more visit www.campbellcsr.com.
About Campbell Soup Company
Campbell (NYSE:CPB) is driven and inspired by our Purpose, "Real food that matters for life's moments." For generations, people have trusted Campbell to provide authentic, flavorful and affordable snacks, soups and simple meals, and beverages. Founded in 1869, Campbell has a heritage of giving back and acting as a good steward of the planet's natural resources. The company is a member of the Standard and Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoupcompany.com or follow company news on Twitter via @CampbellSoupCo. To learn more about how we make our food and the choices behind the ingredients we use, visit www.whatsinmyfood.com.