WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Managing the care of people with diabetes is costly and time intensive, especially for our nation's primary care providers who shoulder 80% of that responsibility. Virtual care programs have the potential to fill critical gaps and meet increasing demands, but can they produce real results?
Glytec and Onduo, who formed a business alliance last year, are partnering with HIMSS on a webinar that explores the keys to augmenting traditional brick-and-mortar care with virtual care for people with diabetes. The two companies will reflect on their real-world experiences and expertise in this rapidly-evolving space.
You may register for the webinar here.
Virtual Diabetes Care: Unlocking the Keys to Real Results
May 30, 2019
3-4 pm Eastern
2-3 pm Central
12-1 pm Pacific
Dr. Ronald Dixon, Head of Clinical Affairs and President of the Physician Group at Onduo
Dr. Andrew Rhinehart, Chief Medical Officer at Glytec
• The model for a successful virtual care program, including the combination of connected diabetes technologies and care management services.
• Why insulin therapy optimization is a mission critical element.
• How A1C and time in range play a central role in value-based reimbursement.
• Evidence surrounding the clinical and economic impacts of A1C and hypoglycemia.
• The benefits to patients and providers when traditional care is augmented by virtual care, and how both groups are responding to virtual care.
• Real-world data showing sustained A1C reductions of 2.7% points and higher.
Founded in 2006, Glytec is the pioneer of digital therapeutics, improving the lives of people with diabetes by making insulin a more effective and accessible option for millions unable to achieve their treatment goals. The company’s patented eGlycemic Management System® is the only FDA-cleared software-as-a-medical-device (SaMD) platform to enable the mass personalization of insulin across the continuum of care: inpatient, outpatient and virtual settings alike. Glytec offers several comprehensive programs combining evidence-based decision support technologies with expert professional services proven to aid providers in achieving best practices and standardization while reducing hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, A1C, readmissions, length of stay and cost. The company has offices in Waltham, Massachusetts and Greenville, South Carolina. For more information visit www.glytecsystems.com.