NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Chase is getting in gear for National Small Business Week with on-site advice in D.C., Boston and Wilmington, a Twitter Chat with ‘Shark Tank’ star Daymond John and a virtual webinar with entrepreneur Ryan Estis.
“Small business owners help create the backbone of our communities,” said Jennifer Roberts, CEO of Business Banking at Chase. “When we support them, we support economic development, jobs and diverse neighborhoods. This is our sixth year in a row as a sponsor of National Small Business Week and we’re proud to celebrate so many inspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners.”
This is Chase’s sixth straight year as sponsor of National Small Business Week, the signature event of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
The bank is celebrating with:
Advice on Wheels. Business owners and entrepreneurs can meet in complimentary one-on-one sessions with experienced business consultants at the Chase BizMobile. The mobile advice center will be stopping in:
- May 6 at the Howard University Bookstore in Washington D.C.
- May 8 at Copley Square in Boston, MA
- May 10 at Rodney Square in Wilmington, DE
Managing the talent lifecycle. Entrepreneur and researcher Ryan Estis will give business owners tips on driving growth and making the most of talent during the SBA’s Virtual Conference at 2p.m. Eastern Time May 7.
All things Finance. Daymond John, Co-Star of ABC’s Shark Tank hosts an exclusive Twitter Chat at 7p.m. Eastern on May 8. @ChaseforBiz. He’ll share advice and answer questions on all things finance: funding, investment and managing your money for lasting success.
Chase commitment to support small businesses and entrepreneurs
JPMorgan Chase continues to invest in its Small Business Forward initiative which aims to help small businesses run by women, minorities and veterans with both the capital and technical assistance they need to grow.
Chase for Business shares research, resources and thought leadership through local and national events, including the release of its annual Business Leaders Outlook report and online Business Resource Center.
Additionally, the firm recently announced the:
- Creation of Advancing Black Pathways (ABP) to build on the firm’s existing efforts helping black Americans achieve economic success. In conjunction with the launch of this initiative, JPMorgan Chase has also expanded the Entrepreneurs of Color Fund to the Greater Washington region, providing capital and business training to underserved minority entrepreneurs in the region. To date, the program has provided more than $40 million in funding and now operates in five regional markets.
- To support our returning service members, JPMorgan Chase also recently announced additional support for Bunker Labs, a nonprofit that helps active duty and veteran-owned startups. As Bunker Labs continues to inspire veterans to start their own businesses, JPMorgan Chase’s new $3 million commitment supports the organization’s national expansion and provides the necessary education, resources and networks to veteran entrepreneurs.
Chase clients honored by SBA
Chase is also proud to celebrate clients who were selected by the SBA as “Small Business Person of the Year” for their respective states, including:
- All Industrial Tool Supply – in Huntington Beach, CA
- GMA Construction Group – in Chicago, IL
- Independence Coffee – in Brenham, TX
- NinjaZone & Wright Gymnastics – in Greenwood, IN
- Picture Farm II, LLC – in Brooklyn, NY
- Superb Maids – in Las Vegas, NV
All state winners will be formally recognized in Washington, D.C. on April 30, and will have the chance to be named the nation’s Small Business Person of the Year. The events will be streamed live on SBA’s Facebook page.
Chase serves more than 4 million small and midsize businesses in the U.S. and is among the top SBA lenders in the country. Every day of the year, Chase supports small business owners by offering solutions that make banking easier to manage. The bank will be offering special product promotions for small business owners during National Small Business Week and through the end of May. Customers can learn more by visiting their local branch or by visiting www.chase.com/smallbusinessweek.
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: Nearly 5,000 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Cosponsorship Authorization #SBW2019. SBA’s participation in this cosponsored activity is not an endorsement of the views, opinions, products or services of any Cosponsor or other person or entity. All SBA/SCORE programs and services are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.