DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market By Installation, By Type, By End User, By Region, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global flue gas desulphurization (FGD) market is forecast to grow from $9.6 billion in 2018 to $12 billion by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of over 4% during 2019-2024, owing to the enforcement of various federal laws and regulations that mandate SOx emitting industries to install air quality control equipment in their plants.
The flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market is growing across the globe, on account of increasing prevalence of airborne diseases, implementation of environmental laws and regulations, and growing concerns over environmental pollution. Increasing demand for FGD systems from chemicals, power generation, cement manufacturing, iron & steel, and many other industries is also expected to fuel the FGD market, globally, during forecast period.
In terms of type, the flue gas desulphurization market is categorized into dry & semi-dry FGD system and wet FGD system. Of the two types, wet FGD system category is anticipated to account for the majority share in the global FGD market during the forecast period, owing to growing adoption of wet FGD systems in several industries backed by their high effectiveness in removing SO2 from flue gas.
Regionally, Asia-Pacific is expected to exhibit the fastest growth in the global flue gas desulphurization market during the forecast period, on the back of the increasing demand for FGD systems from the growing industrial sectors such as cement and metal smelting in countries like China and India. Moreover, alarming pollution levels and stringent laws introduced by the governments to curb pollution in the region are also anticipated to aid the Asia-Pacific FGD market growth in coming years.
The global flue gas desulfurization (FGD) market is highly consolidated in nature and is dominated by key players. Few of the major companies operating in the market are Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., General Electric Company, Thermax, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc., Rafako S.A., FLSmidth, and Siemens AG.
These companies, through strategic developments, aim at entering the new markets and improve their product offerings in order to consolidate their position in the industry. With increasing number of collaborations between regional and global players, the global FGD market is likely to consolidate during forecast period.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2014-2017
Base Year: 2018
Estimated Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020-2024
Objective of the Study
- To analyze and forecast the global flue gas desulphurization (FGD) market size, in terms of value.
- To forecast the global flue gas desulphurization (FGD) market based on installation, type, end-user and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the global flue gas (FGD) desulphurization market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the global flue gas desulphurization (FGD) market.
- To conduct the pricing analysis for the global flue gas desulphurization (FGD) market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the global flue gas desulphurization (FGD) market.
Key Topics Covered
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
4.1. Brand Awareness
4.2. Brand Recall
4.3. Brand Satisfaction
4.4. Factors Influencing Purchase Decision
4.5. Challenges/Issues Faced Post Purchase
4.6. Unmet Needs
5. Global Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) Market Overview
6. Global Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Installation (Greenfield and Brownfield & Revamp)
6.2.2. By Type (Dry & Semi-dry FGD System and Wet FGD System)
6.2.3. By End User (Power Generation, Chemicals, Cement Manufacturing, Iron & Steel and Others)
6.2.4. By Company
6.2.5. By Region
6.3. Market Attractiveness Index
7. Asia-Pacific Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) Market Outlook
8. North America Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) Market Outlook
9. Europe Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD) Market Outlook
10. Middle East & Africa Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market Outlook
11. South America Flue Gas Desulfurization (FGD) Market Outlook
12. Market Dynamics
13. Market Trends & Developments
14. Competitive Landscape
14.1. Competition Outlook
14.2. Company Profiles
14.2.1. Basic Details
14.2.2. Financials (As reported)
14.2.3. Supply Chain Analysis
14.2.4. Key Market Focus and Geographical Presence
14.2.5. Planned Investments
14.2.6. Pricing of Target Products
14.2.7. Market positioning
14.3. Global Players Profiled (Leading Companies)
14.3.1. General Electric Company
14.3.2. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
14.3.4. FLSmidth & Co. A/S
14.3.5. Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
14.3.7. Rafako S.A.
14.3.8. Siemens AG
14.3.9. Clyde Bergemann Power Group Inc.
14.3.10. Marsulex Environmental Technologies Corporation
(Note: The companies list can be customized based on the client requirements)
15. Strategic Recommendations
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/cf4d7w