SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The newest community event and seasonal release for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 is available now on Playstation®4, with other platforms to follow. Operation Spectre Rising delivers assassin-themed updates across the game, including a beloved Specialist, big changes to Blackout, new game modes and personalization items, as well as adding three Multiplayer maps and a special summer-themed event.
“The community has anticipated Spectre’s return for a long time, and that’s inspired us to build Operation Spectre Rising all around this shadowy, fan-favorite assassin and the wetworks theme,” said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. “This new Operation delivers lots of new game modes and fun ways to play Black Ops 4, including some really cool changes to the Blackout map following Spectre’s dramatic introduction – players won’t want to miss this event!”
Operation Spectre Rising’s free, new content includes:
- The Assassin Specialist – Available in Multiplayer and Blackout, Spectre introduces a new gameplay innovation with a unique Shadow Blade melee weapon, and channels players’ inner assassin to skillfully strike targeted enemies for quick and stealthy kills. This fan-favorite Specialist also wields a smoke grenade that not only provides instant cover to move undetected, but also reveals enemies.
- New Blackout Updates – In Blackout, Spectre has ruptured the famous Hydro Dam causing a massive flood, altering the landscape and forcing players to adapt in order to survive a wide variety of combat situations, while outrunning the Collapse. Additionally, players will have the opportunity to discover updates in Alcatraz like the addition of the Tactical Raft and more.
- New Black Market Gear – The Black Market has been restocked with a variety of new weapon camos, outfits, gestures, and accessories themed for Operation Spectre Rising. This includes notable weapons like the Tigershark LMG and the Nifo’Oti melee weapon, all unlockable through the Contraband Tiers as fans play through the game.
- New Zombies Features – Operation Spectre Rising introduces new weapons across all Zombies maps, Classic Elixir Restock feature, and Hard Mode Gauntlet challenges throughout the season.
In addition to the free content, Black Ops Pass owners gain access to even more in-game content, available first on PlayStation®4:
- New Multiplayer Map, Masquerade – A medium-sized map set amidst an embassy under siege. Masquerade is structured for mid-range combat as players must weave through markets and city alleyways to get to the fortified embassy courtyard.
- New Multiplayer Map, Artifact – A larger-sized map set in a remote landscape where treasure hunters have located and unearthed an ancient artifact. The map is filled with a variety of rock formations from thermal geysers to ice caverns. Combat is fierce with engagement ranging across environmental hazards on a vertical map.
- New Multiplayer Map, WMD – Remastered from the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, WMD is a medium-sized map set in an active weapons manufacturing facility. Combat takes place in a combination of interior and exterior engagements at different ranges that supports all types of weapon types and playstyles.
- New Blackout Character, Uncle Frank – Black Ops Pass owners get instant access to Uncle Frank, also known as the older version of Frank Woods. This iconic, fan-favorite character originally from Call of Duty: Black Ops II makes his debut in Blackout.
“The team has worked hard to offer a real diversity of content with Operation Spectre Rising, while providing a thoughtful cadence that keeps the experience fresh across the entire breadth of the game,” said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head of Treyarch. “From Spectre debuting in Multiplayer and Blackout, to design modifications that will allow us to share content on a more regular basis, Operation Spectre Rising really shifts this season into a higher gear.”
In addition to the content releasing now with Operation Spectre Rising, spring turns into summer in June with the annual Call of Duty Days of Summer community event. This limited-time event will debut new game modes, seasonal themed customizations and accessories for fans to acquire.
The Black Ops Pass* is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Digital Deluxe Enhanced Edition, the Pro Edition, and the Mystery Box Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and can also be purchased standalone digitally or at participating retailers.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is published by Activision and developed by Treyarch with additional development support from Raven Software and PC development with Beenox. For the latest intel check out: www.callofduty.com, www.youtube.com/callofduty and follow @CallofDuty and @Treyarch on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The game is rated M for Mature (Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Strong Language).
*Black Ops Pass (BOP) content is not final, is subject to change, and may not include all downloadable content available for the game. BOP content may not be available in all countries, and pricing and release dates may vary by platform. BOP content should be downloaded from the in-game store only; do not purchase separately, or you will be charged again. BOP content may be sold separately.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty®: Black Ops series of games an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty®: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and Call of Duty®: Black Ops III held the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is the studio’s most recent release. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world and is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), an S&P 500 company. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com or by following @Activision.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future, including statements about the expected availability, features, functionality, events and content for Operation Spectre Rising and the Black Ops Pass, are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include unanticipated product delays and other factors identified in the risk factors sections of Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.
ACTIVISION, CALL OF DUTY, and CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS are trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.