TYSONS, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) today won 91 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, the most in the company’s history and more than any other media company this year. TEGNA won five awards for overall excellence, the highest honor awarded, six for excellence in innovation and 11 for digital and social content. In addition, seven awards were the direct result or inspired by TEGNA’s dedicated innovation process to transform local news in the digital age.
“I am continually inspired by the locally relevant and purpose-driven work our colleagues at our stations are doing every day to serve the greater good of their communities,” said Dave Lougee, president and CEO, TEGNA. “As these honors illustrate, we are exposing wrongdoings, holding the powerful accountable and helping bring change to those who need it most through engaging and innovative content across platforms.”
WXIA in Atlanta, KUSA in Denver and KING in Seattle each won 10 Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards. KING, WGRZ in Buffalo, WBIR in Knoxville, KARE in Minneapolis and KREM in Spokane won for overall excellence.
TEGNA Regional Edward R. Murrow Winners:
- WXIA – Atlanta, GA won 10 awards including excellence in innovation
- KUSA – Denver, CO won 10 awards
- KING – Seattle, WA won 10 awards including overall excellence and excellence in innovation
- WBIR – Knoxville, TN won 8 awards including excellence in innovation
- KARE – Minneapolis, MN won 8 awards including overall excellence
- WFAA – Dallas, TX won 5 awards including excellence in innovation
- KTVB – Boise, ID won 4 awards including excellence in innovation
- KTHV – Little Rock, AR won 4 awards including excellence in innovation
- KREM – Spokane, WA won 4 awards including overall excellence
- WUSA – Washington, DC won 4 awards including excellence in innovation
- WGRZ – Buffalo, NY won 3 awards including overall excellence
- KGW – Portland, OR won 3 awards
- KSDK – St. Louis, MO won 3 awards
- WCNC – Charlotte, NC won 2 awards
- KHOU – Houston, TX won 2 awards
- WVEC – Norfolk, VA won 2 awards
- KIDY – San Angelo, TX won 2 awards
- KVUE – Austin, TX
- KAGS – College Station, TX
- WFMY – Greensboro, NC
- WMAZ – Macon, GA
- KENS – San Antonio, TX
- WTOL – Toledo, OH
- NEWS CENTER Maine
The Edward R. Murrow Awards are sponsored by the Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) and honor outstanding achievements in broadcast and digital journalism.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.