CRANBURY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OncLive®, the nation’s leading digital resource focused on providing oncology professionals with the most current and insightful information they need to provide the best patient care, will host its latest State of the Science Summit™ on Genitourinary Cancers Wednesday, April 24, from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Sheraton Needham Hotel in Needham, Massachusetts. The summit will be chaired by Bradley McGregor, M.D., clinical director of the Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center and an instructor in medicine at Harvard Medical School.
This interactive and educational meeting will discuss novel treatments for patients with genitourinary cancers. Expert presenters will delve into informative topics facing genitourinary cancer specialists, oncologists, nurses and other medical professionals, such as treatment of nonmetastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer, advances in metastatic prostate cancer, the role of radiation therapy in prostate cancer, androgen receptor therapy-associated cardiac complications, advanced urothelial cancer and renal cell carcinoma. The presenters will also engage in a peer exchange and address audience questions.
Presenters for the summit include the following experts:
- Richard JaeBong Lee, M.D., Ph.D., assistant physician, department of medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Steven L. Chang, M.D., M.S., urologist, Dana-Farber/ Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center; assistant professor of surgery, Harvard Medical School
- Atish D. Choudhury, M.D., Ph.D., co-director, Prostate Cancer Center; Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center; instructor in medicine, Harvard Medical School
- David J. Einstein, M.D., instructor in medicine, Harvard Medical School; attending physician in medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Pei-Chun McGregor, M.D., Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System; instructor in medicine, Harvard Medical School
- Kent W. Mouw, M.D., Ph.D., co-director, Bladder Cancer Center, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center; assistant professor of radiation oncology, Harvard Medical School
- Guru P. Sonpavde, M.D., bladder cancer director, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center
State of the Science Summit™ is a premier conference series, hosted by OncLive®, that features medical experts from across the nation discussing treatment options. Each summit integrates academic and community-based physicians and health care professionals across key disciplines, from medical and surgical oncology to hematology.
Registration is free and open to all health care professionals, and food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register, visit https://www.onclive.com/meetings/soss or contact Kayla Collins at email@example.com.
A digital platform of resources for practicing oncologists, OncLive® offers oncology professionals information they can use to help provide the best patient care. OncLive.com is the official website for the MJH Associates, Inc., Oncology Specialty Group, which publishes OncologyLive®, Oncology Nursing News® and more. MJH Associates, Inc., is a full-service health care communications company offering education, research and medical media, including curetoday.com and CURE® magazine, the largest U.S. consumer publication focused entirely on cancer. Combining science and humanity to make cancer understandable, CURE® reaches patients, cancer centers and advocacy groups.