DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Indian Saccharin Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Indian saccharin market reached a volume of 4,653 Tons in 2018. The market is further projected to exceed 5,341 Tons by 2024, exhibiting a CAGR of 2.3% during 2019-2024
Saccharin is an artificial sweetening agent with drastically lesser amount of carbohydrate as compared to sugar. It is not metabolized by the human body and gets excreted in the same form as it is consumed. Due to these attributes, saccharin is useful for people whose diet requires a check in carbohydrate and calorie intake, such as people with diabetes and obesity. It also assists people in weight management and reduces dental cavities.
Saccharine is 300 times sweeter then sucrose. It is heat-stable and does not react with other food ingredients, hence it is widely used in cooking purposes. As mentioned earlier, saccharin is a great boon for people who have a restriction in carbohydrate and calorie intake, as it replicates the taste of sugar in any dish, thereby retaining its palatability.
Apart from its numerous health benefits, saccharin has much longer shelf-life when compared to sugar. When it is stored in air-tight container at room temperature, the normal shelf-life of saccharin is five years.
With around 72 Million diabetes patients, India currently represents the second largest country of diabetes patients in the world. By 2024, the total number of diabetes patients in India are projected to reach over 84 Million. This is expected to have a positive impact on the consumption of saccharin.
Incidences of health issues mainly associated with weight gain have made Indian consumers more conscious about losing weight, being fit and healthy. People have begun to shift towards low-calorie diets and avoid intake of sugar. Saccharin, being a zero-calorie sweetener, is used by consumers to stay in better overall health, manage weight and maintain an attractive physical appearance.
Based on the product type, the market has been segmented as sodium saccharin, insoluble saccharin and calcium saccharin.
On the basis of application, the food and beverages sector represented the largest segment, followed by table top sweeteners, personal care products, pharmaceuticals and others.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Blue Circle Organics Pvt. Ltd., Vishnu Chemicals Limited, Organic Industries Pvt. Ltd., Aviditya Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals and Salvi Chemicals.
Key Questions Answered
- How has the Indian saccharin market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- Which are the popular product types in the Indian saccharin market?
- What are the major application sectors in the Indian saccharin market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian saccharin industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian saccharin industry?
- What is the structure of the Indian saccharin industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian saccharin market?
- How is saccharin manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for saccharin?
- What are the transportation requirements for saccharin?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a saccharin manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
2 Scope and Methodology
2.1 Objectives of the Study
2.3 Data Sources
2.4 Market Estimation
2.5 Forecasting Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Saccharin Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.4 Market Breakup by Application
5.5 Market Breakup by Region
5.6 Market Forecast
6 Indian Saccharin Market
6.1 Market Overview
6.2 Market Performance
6.3 Price Analysis
6.4 Market Breakup by Product Type
6.5 Market Breakup by Application
6.6 Market Forecast
6.7 SWOT Analysis
6.8 Value Chain Analysis
6.9 Porters Five Forces Analysis
6.10 Key Success and Key Risk Factors
7 Market Breakup by Product Type
7.1 Sodium Saccharin
7.2 Insoluble Saccharin
7.3 Calcium Saccharin
8 Market Breakup by Application
8.1 Food and Beverages
8.2 Table Top Sweeteners
8.3 Personal Care Products
9 Saccharin Manufacturing Process
9.1 Product Overview
9.2 Detailed Process Flow
9.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
9.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
10 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
10.1 Land, Location and Site Development
10.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
10.3 Plant Machinery
10.4 Raw Materials Requirements and Expenditures
10.5 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
10.6 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
10.7 Utilities Requirements and Expenditures
10.8 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11 Loans and Financial Assistance
12 Project Economics
12.1 Capital Cost of the Project
12.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
12.3 Product Pricing and Margins across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
12.4 Taxation and Depreciation
12.5 Income Projections
12.6 Expenditure Projections
12.7 Financial Analysis
12.8 Profit Analysis
13 Competitive Landscape
13.1 Market Structure
13.2 Capacities of Key Players
13.3 Profiles of Key Players
13.3.1 Blue Circle Organics Pvt. Ltd.
13.3.2 Vishnu Chemicals Limited
13.3.3 Organic Industries Pvt. Ltd.
13.3.4 Aviditya Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals
13.3.5 Salvi Chemicals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hoyy79