COLUMBUS, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TSYS (NYSE: TSS) announced today that their Genius platform now supports EBT SNAP (Electronic Benefits Transfer; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) payments. The Genius platform can now integrate with a new set of POS providers, positioning it to serve a broader range of businesses across the United States – especially convenience stores and specialty grocery retailers.
“TSYS is bringing the convenience and speed of Genius to a new market with the addition of EBT SNAP payments,” said Henry Helgeson, President of Integrated Solutions, TSYS Merchant Solutions. “Whether you’re a small corner store or a specialty food shop, our platform provides shoppers with a faster checkout, more payment options and an overall better experience at checkout. All of these elements allow small businesses to provide their customers with a higher level of customer service.”
In addition to EBT SNAP functionality, the Genius platform offers a number of benefits, integrating payments acceptance, processing and customer experience into one secure, cloud-based platform.
- Accept any payment type: Process credit, debit, EMV®/chip cards, EBT SNAP payments, EBT cash, gift cards, mobile payments, and HSA and FSA cards.
- Speed up checkout: Complete chip card transactions in seconds, making checkout quick and easy.
- Boost shopper engagement: Easily engage your customers with weekly deals, coupons, on-screen ads and surveys.
- Enhance data security: Keep cardholder data off the POS and secure your systems with full encryption and tokenization.
- Implement effortlessly: Ensure you have the latest features and functionality with automatic cloud updates.
- Value-added features: Guide your shoppers at checkout with line-item display, PIN steering, store & forward, cash back and more.
Genius is a processor-agnostic platform that provides maximum flexibility to merchants.
For more information about Genius, please visit: Genius Countertop.
TSYS® (NYSE: TSS) is a leading global payments provider, offering seamless, secure and innovative solutions across the payments spectrum — for issuers, merchants and consumers. We succeed because we put people and their needs at the heart of every decision to help them unlock payment opportunities. It’s an approach we call People-Centered Payments®.
Our headquarters are located in Columbus, Ga., U.S.A., with approximately 13,000 team members and local offices across 13 countries. TSYS generated revenue of $4.0 billion in 2018, while processing more than 32.3 billion transactions. We are a member of The Civic 50 and were named one of the 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere magazine. TSYS is a member of the S&P 500 and routinely posts all important information on its website. For more, visit tsys.com.