SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--According to Coherent Market Insights, the global medical commode market was valued at US$ 582.8 million in 2017, and is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026).
Key Trends and Analysis of the Medical Commode Market:
Increasing number of physically challenged population worldwide is expected to propel adoption of medical commode during the forecast period. On the basis of discussion in the 66th World Health Assembly, held in 2013, World Health Organization (WHO) prepared a comprehensive global disability action plan for 2014 – 2021. Under this plan, WHO intends to improve access to health services and programs, extend rehabilitation, habilitation, assistive technology, assistance and support services, and support research on disability and related services. Such global initiatives are indirectly promoting adoption of assistive devices and are encouraging manufacturers to develop innovative elderly and disabled assistive devices. Following are the statistics, which reveal increasing demand for medical commode.
- According to International Osteoporosis Foundation’s 2015 statistics, around 1.6 million hip fractures occur worldwide annually. This number is expected to reach 4.5 million by 2050.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 2015, around 41 million people in the U.S. visit the emergency department with traumatic injuries, annually.
Request Sample Copy of this Report @ https://www.coherentmarketinsights.com/insight/request-sample/2550
Key players in the market are focused on developing medical commodes that are highly convenient to use. Permobil - a company focused on designing and developing wheelchairs and seating systems – developed a ROHO shower/commode cushion that offers therapeutic benefits by minimizing the potential skin/soft tissue breakdowns. Similarly, Cortech Healthcare - a company focused on advancing the usability, functionality, and effectiveness of independent living products - offers electric shower chain commode that significantly increases functionality as compared to products that are currently available.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key takeaways of the Medical Commode Market:
- The global medical commode market is expected to witness a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period (2018 – 2026), owing to increasing initiatives by government organizations to offer assistance to physically challenged population.
- Among product type, bedside commode segment estimated to have major market share in 2018. Key players in the market are focused on designing bedside commodes with better accessibility. Majority of bedside commodes come with portable toilet features. They have a removable back rail that allows their use over a standard toilet as an elevated toilet seat. Moreover, they are sturdy, convenient to move, functional, and easy to clean.
- Among material, steel segment estimated to dominate the medical commode market in 2018. Steel-based medical commode is powder-coated with steel and are rust resistant. Therefore, such commodes are preferred by people who move their toilet from the bedside to the bathroom.
- Some of the major players operating in global medical commode market include, Medline Industries, Inc., Cardinal Health, Inc., McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc., Drive Medical, Invacare Corporation, NOVA Medical Products, Cascade Healthcare Solutions, MEYRA GmbH, Avacare medical, and Lagooni B.V.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.