The European SVoD market has been growing at a fast pace over the last five years, mainly driven by changing viewing habits and the increasing availability of OTT video content from a range of service providers such as online media companies, pay-TV operators, and broadcasting companies. The increasing coverage and adoption of high-speed fixed and mobile broadband in Europe will enable better delivery of video streaming services; helping to drive OTT video services adoption across the region.
As a way of lessening the impact of the SVoD industry, pay-TV service providers in Europe have been integrating OTT video platforms to their traditional pay-TV offerings, weather by developing their own SVoD propositions or by establishing partnerships with independent SVoD platforms. Netflix, for instance, has been very active in setting up partnerships with pay-TV and broadband service providers such as Virgin Media, BT, and Talk Talk, among others.
At the regional level, it is not expected that cord-cutting will affect the European pay-TV market over the next five years, although it is anticipated that subscriber growth will slow down in some Western Europe markets. Currently, UK and Germany are the largest SVoD markets in the region, accounting for nearly half of total SVoD subscriptions, followed by France, Spain, Russia, and Italy.
- The report analyzes growth opportunities in the SVoD market, looking at the current state of play and examining the main growth drivers.
- Europe in a global context: General analysis of the demographics, Internet users, broadband lines, mobile broadband accounts, and the pay-TV market in Europe in comparison to other global regions.
- The video market in Europe: Region's pay-TV video market and SVoD video market trends.
- Country profiles: State of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in the countries.
- Key findings and recommendations: Key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, OTT players, and regulators.
Reasons to Buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) SVoD video market in the European market.
- The report investigates OTT video market and pay-TV trends, market overview, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers in the region.
- The report discusses the state of the SVoD market, current trends and market dynamics of the leading OTT service providers in two countries. Key findings and recommendations are presented for the Europe markets.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.
Section 1: Europe in a global context
Europe demographics at a glance
Internet users and penetrations
Pay-TV households penetration evolution
Section 2: Video market in Europe
Pay-TV accounts and CAGRs
Pay-TV household penetration
SVoD accounts and penetration in Europe
Section 3: Country profiles
Section 4: Key findings
Acronyms and definitions
- Amazon Prime Video
- Amedia TV
- Deutsche Telekom
- Now TV
- Virgin Media
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3pw5vv/svod_market?w=4