CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Economist Events will host the 2019 Economist Innovation Summit on March 7, 2019 at the Convene venue in Chicago. The 2019 Innovation Summit will bring together industry leaders, policymakers, academics and entrepreneurs to discuss and debate the potential of exponential technologies that promise to play a key role in the digital future.
Exponential technologies, including artificial intelligence, blockchain and quantum computing, are disrupting the business landscape and changing the way companies plan for future growth and transformation. At this year’s summit, speakers and panelists will discuss how every company can leverage exponential technologies to shape progress, even during a time when some question whether investments in such new technologies make financial sense.
“In today’s uncertain economic and political environment, business leaders understandably want to focus on sure bets and short-term results. However, to ensure the long-term success of their enterprises, they must explore the transformative potential of exponential technologies now on offer,” said Vijay Vaitheeswaran, U.S. Business Editor, The Economist. “At this year’s Innovation Summit, we will examine the promise and peril involved in this brave new world of technology innovation.”
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Chad Anderson, Chief executive, Space Angels and managing partner, Space Capital
- Dan Altman, Founder, North Yard Analytics, and co-founder, NYK Capital Management
- David Awschalom, Director of the Chicago Quantum Exchange, University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
- Hansang Bae, Chief technology officer, Riverbed Technology
- Alexandra Suich Bass, US technology editor, The Economist
- Pearly Chen, VR/AR investor and chief of staff to the chief executive, HTC
- Jim Clarke, Director of quantum hardware, Intel
- Renee DiResta, Director of research, New Knowledge, and head of policy, Data for Democracy
- Nicole Eagan, Chief executive, Darktrace
- Becky Frankiewicz, President, ManpowerGroup North America
- Tracy Frey, Director of strategy, Google Cloud AI
- Alex Gladstein, Chief strategy officer, Human Rights Foundation
- Sean Gourley, Founder and chief executive, Primer AI
- Manik Gupta, Chief product officer, Uber
- Daniel Kraft, Founder and chair, Exponential Medicine, and chair for medicine & neuroscience, Singularity University
- Lonne Jaffe, Managing director, Insight Venture Partners
- Danny Lange, Vice-president of AI and machine learning, Unity Technologies
- Gwen Lighter, Chief executive and founder, GoFly
- Bob Lord, Senior vice-president, cognitive applications, IBM
- Jeffrey Manber, Chief executive, NanoRacks
- Mark Potter, Chief technology officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, and director, Hewlett Packard Labs
- Gary Shapiro, President and chief executive, Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
- Hans Tung, Managing partner, GGV Capital
- Vijay Vaitheeswaran, US business editor, The Economist
- Grazia Vittadini, Chief technology officer, Airbus
- Dan Wagner, Founder and chief executive, Civis Analytics
For more information on the conference and to register, please visit https://events.economist.com/events-conferences/americas/innovation. Join us on Twitter at #EconInnov and @EconomistEvents.
Sponsorship and Media Information
Riverbed is the event’s gold sponsor. Supporting associations include Centric, Illinois Technology Association and Argonne National Library. The event’s PR agency is Zeno Group.
Interviews and media passes are available upon request. To request press accreditation, interviews or ensure receipt of news releases and advisories, please contact: Sarah Erman, email@example.com, +1 (650) 284-9139.
About The Economist (www.economist.com)
With a growing global circulation and a reputation for insightful analysis and perspective on every aspect of world events, The Economist is one of the most widely recognized and well-read current affairs publications. The paper covers politics, business, science and technology, and books and arts, concluding each week with the obituary.
The Economist Events brings the publication to life. As the leader of debate in the pursuit of progress, Economist Events tackles leading issues with an insightful, forward-looking and distinctly global perspective. It provides the necessary tools for business leaders, senior executives and policy makers to make informed decisions and to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly changing world.