DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Wine Sector: Analysis of opportunities offered by high-growth economies" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
"Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Wine Sector", brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's wine sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
The Asia-Pacific wine market is expected to grow from US$90,406.5 million in 2017 to US$171,889.1 million in 2022, at a CAGR of 13.7%. The regional market is forecast to record a value CAGR of 13.7%, highest among all regions globally, during 2017-2022. The growing affluence of consumers in major economies, particularly China, rising number of frequent wine drinkers, improved reception to Western trends, and burgeoning popularity of premium-quality products in nations such as China and Japan are spurring the demand for wine in the region.
Still wine was the largest category with value sales of US$80,883.1 million in 2017, accounting for 89.5% of the overall value sales in the region. Sparkling wine and fortified wine were the other categories in the region, accounting for value shares of 9.4% and 1.1%, respectively, in the same year. The top five brands in the Asia-Pacific wine sector accounted for 31.2% of the overall brand value share, where the leading player Changyu accounted for 13.2% of the overall value sales in 2017. Private labels held a value share of 0.5% in the overall Asia-Pacific wine sector. The low share of private labels indicates Asia-Pacific consumers' inclination towards branded wines. More specifically, there is a significant demand for high-quality imported wines.
China is forecast to register the highest value growth among the high-potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region with 16.1% CAGR during 2017-2022. In terms of volume, China is again forecast to lead growth with a CAGR of 9.2% during the same period. Pairing wine with food, a prevalent trend and a major driver for wine consumption in the west, is gaining ground in certain Asian markets as well, particularly in Japan and South Korea.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets were the largest distribution channels in the Asia-Pacific wine sector, accounting for 27.1% of overall volume sales respectively, in 2017. On-trade sales in the region accounted for 42.9% of the wine sector during the same year. Glass was the most commonly used package material in the Asia-Pacific wine sector with a share of 91.2% of unit sales in 2017, while bottle was the most popular pack type, accounting for a 98.6% share in the same year.
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of wine by category across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Asia-Pacific region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Asia-Pacific region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for wine across the key countries in the Asia-Pacific region, in 2017.
- It covers five distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, health & beauty stores, drugstores & pharmacies, and others, which include cash & carries and warehouse clubs, dollar stores', e-retailers, and department stores
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various package materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of wine.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis)
Market size analysis - Asia-Pacific compared to other regions
Growth analysis by region
Growth analysis by country
Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Asia-Pacific
Risk, reward, and opportunity analysis - opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
Growth contribution analysis by country
Share of wine sectors compared to other alcoholic beverage sectors
Change in consumption levels by country and wine category
Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
Brand share analysis in the wine sector
Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific wine sector by value sales
Leading brands (including private label) in Asia-Pacific wine sector by value sales
Private label penetration in the wine sector
8. Key distribution channels
Leading distribution channels by country
Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
Growth analysis by key packaging material and pack type
Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Yantai Changyu Pioneer Wine Co Ltd
- Tonghuagrapewineco.., Ltd
- Accolade Wines
- Yunnan Shangri-La Winery Co Ltd
- Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited
- China Agri-Industries Holdings Limited(COFCO)
- Yantai Weilong Grape Wine Co., Ltd.
- Pernod Ricard SA
- Distell Group Limited
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdsmqr/2019?w=4